Dyno'd Buddahs and my Raptors

Sandstorm

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Our builds are the same except for he runs Barkers and I run DMC 's

Both dyno'd at 66.77 amd 66.67hp and about 48.5tq

Why does Buddahs quad feel faster and it really is faster when we ride them and race them. It's not rider error or gearing or tires. These quads are set up exactly the same. I am 50lbs lighter and I always lose up Sand Mtn. Rider error does not play any factor on our hill. Our hill is sooooo long the faster quad always wins. Here is a flow chart on both. Mine is on the right and you can can how the my head flows against Buddahs.

Buddhas quad hits harder and runs harder, though mine has slight advantages according to dyno graph except he is up 5hp from 8500-9000rpm in the over rev.

My quad is on the right and Buddahs on the left. The second to last column on the right is the CFM difference from my motor to his motor.

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Mar 17 2011, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our builds are the same except for he runs Barkers and I run DMC 's

Both dyno'd at 66.77 amd 66.67hp and about 48.5tq

Why does Buddahs quad feel faster and it really is faster when we ride them and race them. It's not rider error or gearing or tires. These quads are set up exactly the same. I am 50lbs lighter and I always lose up Sand Mtn. Rider error does not play any factor on our hill. Our hill is sooooo long the faster quad always wins. Here is a flow chart on both. Mine is on the right and you can can how the my head flows against Buddahs.

Buddhas quad hits harder and runs harder, though mine has slight advantages according to dyno graph except he is up 5hp from 8500-9000rpm in the over rev.

My quad is on the right and Buddahs on the left. The second to last column on the right is the CFM difference from my motor to his motor.

Everything looks so close that I wouldn't think it'd make much of a differences? All I would say is try switching pipes? You guy run same paddles? I've heard that the front tires can be worth 5mph also,you fronts the same also?
[/left][left]

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Mar 18 2011, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything looks so close that I wouldn't think it'd make much of a differences? All I would say is try switching pipes? You guy run same paddles? I've heard that the front tires can be worth 5mph also,you fronts the same also?
[/left][left]

We run same fronts. 19 or 20" smoothies are good for about 4-5 quad lengths on our hill on the shorter steeper side but 5-6 on the longer side.. It really is a seat of the pants difference when you jump from mine to his. 2nd gear starts w/ 15/36 gearing on his quad in 2nd gear starts is just plane scary as ****. Stock is 14-38. The thing is an animal out of the hole and we always run 8 paddle Gliders. Mine is very smooth out of the hole.. His seems to rev as good as any 450 while pulling like a freight train on the very topend, mine doesn't feel at all like that. I don't think there is a pump gas stock/bore stroke that could touch his as long it's not a pure hill bike.

Dachshund

#4 Post by Dachshund »

Cam timing? How does he set it?

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

We run the same cam and our builder set them up after he ported them and assembed the motors.

Dachshund

#6 Post by Dachshund »

I was just thinking maybe they are like the Dales and you can't just go by the marks to dial em in. Although I can't think a good builder would do that. Just a stab in the dark.

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

Lets see those dyno charts layed on top of each other. That would be helpful. Peak power is not the end all of a dyno chart as I am sure you know. It is the power under the curve that tells the real story

rayspeed

#8 Post by rayspeed »

Could he have done anything slightly different with the ignition timing and he is just not telling you about it?
I dont know how its done on those machines but could play a huge role.... just a couple of degrees out of the top end of your bike would do it and the rest of the curve would be the same.
As smart as he seems to be and competitive as you two are I suspect he has done something very subtle on either his bike or yours when you wasnt looking to keep the edge on you and will take it to the grave.
Brothers can be quite devious.