UGH Yamha Raptor problems

MX Quad Dad

#11 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I bought new cases for our banshee from YSA out of arizona for less than I could buy used in Mi. but that is MI.

Until the last set of pistons I put in the Banshee I used wisco's. tried to re-ring them twice. both times the pin that stops them from spining broke off and ring spun, caught the exhaust port and tore-up the cylinder. Called wisco (not trying to get them to pay anything) and they said they don't recomend re-ringing them, so I asked why sell the rings seperate? I had a good freind who owned a machine shop check the bore and mic the piston before I put new rings in it and everything checked out real good so I thought I could save a buck (which never happens with a banshee lol)

haulinit

#12 Post by haulinit »

I'm thinking of looking at used cases and taking a average cost and us that as a quote price for the cases, does that sound reasonable?

Im also impressed with wiseco how they are handling this, but im more then likely going to go to a HotRods crank set up. There headquaters are about a hour from my house and have a good rep.

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

Thats great that they are going to fix it up for you. Your choices here are difficult to be sure. Getting a used case you risk not knowing what happened to cause them to split the motor. Perhaps there are cracks from stress, you just don't know. I agree though, don't take them to the cleaners just because. Do that to an insurance company sure, but I wouldn't in this case. Perhaps they will just build you one? I would think of going that route if they were willing.

haulinit

#14 Post by haulinit »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Apr 21 2011, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps they will just build you one? I would think of going that route if they were willing.

I asked about that, they wanted nothing to do with that idea. They would rather send a check.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

I would go to your local dealer for a quote.They do this all the time and will use a rate book for the labor.Then get parts from them for their trouble.Takes a long time to lookup all that stuff and fill out paperwork.Why not buy local if you can also.

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Other thing was when I called them about the Banshee pistons, I mentioned the Cannondale and asked if the were going to make parts for it. then I mentioned I was looking at getting the Moto and the dealers here in lower MI. wanted the list price and 100% down to order it. this was in October of 01, He gave me Jeff Cernic's number were for $250 down I got the first one he recieved. so I could look at it two differant ways, either thank him for saving me over 1G and putting my son on a Moto or be mad because I may not have bought one and been able to pick one up cheap a couple years latter.

haulinit

#17 Post by haulinit »

I think im going to the dealer and request a qoute and a parts list. I will turn that into Wiseco.

haulinit

#18 Post by haulinit »

I got a check and parts on the way to repair the motor. I got the end result I wanted just not in the time frame I was after. I will continue to buy there pistons but no more crankshafts.