Gas Gas 300

MX Quad Dad

#11 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Apr 18 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Each time I've heard about them, people have commented on their steering issues and bad front end geometry. Can't comment on that myself but have heard that a few times in the past. They came 52" wide stock I believe too.

I read something about twichy steering in one of the rags, But Gas Gas didn't have four full page ads, so I didn't realy give that a second thought.

Gas Gas was actualy suposed to have a quad before Cannondale even anounced they were comming out with a quad. A Gas Gas dealer had came over to our pit and I asked him about it. He said they had some lititure at the shop so I stopped by one day and checked out the bikes while I was there and I was impressed with them.

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

The 450s have been around almost as long as Cannondale. Since Europe has a different standard of what a 450mx quad should be they were kind of strange but still awesome in there own way. Super wide, long travel suspension, turn signal package, locking gas cap and aerodynamic headlight. I saw one at a dealer about 7 years ago. Someone had one, a 300 at Kevin Roof's group ride a couple years ago. He was airing it out pretty good. I don't know if they sell any of them in the US anymore. All the parts on them were high quality.
I think they redid the steering after the first year, but like Cannondale if the first year wasn't perfect it will drag the bad rap forever.

speedracer

#13 Post by speedracer »

Just picked it up yesterday, nice machine. Strange thing though, it has the same rear ohlins that my dale has, but they are on the front! They seem to work well, is there a rear spring kit for the ohlins, I think I read something about a moto rear spring or a dual-rate spring?

jacobw

#14 Post by jacobw »

in those years they used front shocks that were the same bodies as the rears they were way too big for the application they made updates in the later years to the regular body front shocks they will work well if valved and sprung right they are way oversprung and valved and the front end sits up to high you will need to have some work done to them

speedracer

#15 Post by speedracer »

Thanks for the reply.Yes it does sit alittle front high.So I guess I need softer springs?Bty,hows the pitbike racing going?

jacobw

#16 Post by jacobw »

its going good getting ready to start the season. My wife was gonna race this year with me but we just found out she is having a baby so....plans changed and i have to sell her bike so i can pay out the insurance deductible

speedracer

#17 Post by speedracer »

Congrats!What are you looking to get out of your pit bike,might know someone interested.

jacobw

#18 Post by jacobw »

they are 2149 retail i have it listed for 1800 pretty firm on that since its been ridden like 2 times up and down the street

this is the one i have http://stores.wholesale-cycle.com/-strse-3...-PIT/Detail.bok

marshall100

#19 Post by marshall100 »

Apologies for the hijack.

I'm just about to go and pay for an 07 gas gas wild 450. It's road legal and should sit quite nicely along my race dale. It's dirt cheap and with the abundance of bikes over here I figure if it goes wrong I can run it into any local dealer and go 'fix that' without too many major worries. Though I dare say I'll do most of it's maintenance myself.

No idea what to expect really as the internet is hardly overflowing with information on the quads. Having said that, I should probably never have sold my road legal dale, but you live and learn....

speedracer

#20 Post by speedracer »

I have not found much info on the 450 ,although the 300 seems to be built very well,lots of the quality Cannondale put into their machines.I am very happy with the gasser I bought,good luck with yours.