Gas Gas 300

speedracer

#1 Post by speedracer »

I found a very nice GasGas 300 two-stroke I am going to buy. Anyone know much about them, I know it has Ohlins shocks wink.gif .Thanks.

haulinit

#2 Post by haulinit »

Sorry don't know much about them, other then I would like to ride one biggrin.gif

speedfreek

#3 Post by speedfreek »

The little I've read about them was good. Quite similiar to a Honda 250 R, but better equiped.

promod

#4 Post by promod »

smile.gif They are great bikes!, use the best components you can get like most other euro bikes, very reliable and fast, they are made in Spain and the company was derived from the old Bultaco company and family, they are well know for there hi-tech tryals bikes and have been in business many, many years now and coming on strong in the enduro racing series and there new line of hi-tech 4-strokes also!

But like our C'Dales or let me say other Euro brands and like a lot of bikes I own, the only draw back is your not going to find a dealer on every corner, town or state and replacement parts are a little higher and not a whole lot of aftermarket bolt-on goodies out there yet, but give it time!, but don't let that stop you, as if your like I am and all of our fellow C'Daler's we don't just want to be another pumpkin in the pumpkin patch and ride what everyone else does ohmy.gif !

I believe in sticking out like a sore thumb laugh.gif laugh.gif !

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Thanks for the replys. I have read about them, didn't know if anyone had first hand experence with them. Now I will have another quad to have people ask "what is that"!

Dachshund

#6 Post by Dachshund »

Was contemplating getting either the gas gas 250(same as the 300 with a 250cc jug) or the Moto back in '02 but local Gas Gas dealer never panned out. So yes I've known of them but never threw a leg over one. If I remember it has Chromoly frame and like stated above, excellent components.

who_gives_a6

#7 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Each time I've heard about them, people have commented on their steering issues and bad front end geometry. Can't comment on that myself but have heard that a few times in the past. They came 52" wide stock I believe too.

promod

#8 Post by promod »

The comments I made about GAS-GAS was and is based only of my opinion of them from the motorcycle end of it! As me being a bike guy I know nothing of their quads (except they have one), but since there using the same engines I can say they have a great powerplant and they should continue to improve there quads chassis as time goes on, as it's a new venture for them also!

flyin cobbler

#9 Post by flyin cobbler »

No first hand knowledge from me but you might want to check out everything2stroke.com. There's 4 or 5 quys on there that have and post about them. They have a Gas Gas section in the atv fourm. I've also always liked the Gas Gas, we all must have the same " a little strange taste."

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

There was actually a 450cc 4-stroke quad made as well I believe!