Gas Gas 300

jacobw

#31 Post by jacobw »

get ahold of gofasters here in the states they may be able to help you since the are the parts importer and they seem to have an abundance of parts maybe they can put you in touch with the parts people over there

marshall100

#32 Post by marshall100 »

Cheers man. I had a slight glimmer of hope yesterday in as much as the gasgas uk did actually entertain the fact they might be able to help......

I think with regards the brakes and hydro clutches I'm trying to find, the cannondale items might be the best way to go, only major difference is the banjo style fittings on the gasser which I'm guessing could be converted to the cannondale equivilant?

The flip side of this is that if I had any other type of quad instead of the cannondale I'd be hopelessly lost with it right now. Because you find yourself a little stuck on things at times it means the mechanic in me has to think on his feet to solve a problem in the short term while a long term resolution is found. I think if you had a jap quad you wouldn't know what to do about it as the list of fixes would be endless and comming from all manner of directions.

marshall100

#33 Post by marshall100 »

I've made some progress....

Gasgas 450

I have to say that it rides really well considering it's a really big bike. And that engine note is lovely. Must stop myself from racing it....

speedracer

#34 Post by speedracer »

It does not look that big,my wife would kill me if I had a mini-track in the yard,cool though.P.M me your e-mail ,I will send you some pics of the 300.Cant get them to post here.

marshall100

#35 Post by marshall100 »

The neighbours are great, they go digging stuff up in their gardens, pop round to mine and ask me if I want a load of topsoil! Always in the usual place, and if your 4 years old riding an LT50 I'm sure that mound must seem huge.

Keeps the grass down too, a bit too much in places!

marshall100

#36 Post by marshall100 »

I'm still working on this, parts from spain are usually a two week order affair! It's got to the point where despite my best efforts and trying a number of routes I've just had to order bits to replace those that were broken instead of trying to get other parts to fit.

The older bikes are quite common, the newer ones less so, this must be one of only a handful in the country, and as a result there's no way I'm going to take it racing.

Dude54758

#37 Post by Dude54758 »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Jul 8 2011, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still working on this, parts from spain are usually a two week order affair! It's got to the point where despite my best efforts and trying a number of routes I've just had to order bits to replace those that were broken instead of trying to get other parts to fit.

The older bikes are quite common, the newer ones less so, this must be one of only a handful in the country, and as a result there's no way I'm going to take it racing.

Just joined over here. But i am the leader of gasgas tech pretty much on everything2stroke.com

You have a late model gasser with the diffent plastic than are older ones. I have 1 of 10 240's imported to the states ever. So talk about rarity. Lucikly everything i need can be had from the 300 and engine parts from the 250 enduro engine.

Go fasters in the states is a joke and they view the quad as a aboration of sorts.

Your style bike diffres in frame as well its more 400ex than 250r like are older ones. The 450 came in ares as well speedracer. The mounting tabs are all the same and the change can be made very quickly i hear.

marshall100

#38 Post by marshall100 »

Glad to hear from a fellow gasser!

I've now got it to the point where it can go for it's MOT to get it back on the road. I'll never race it, and according to a uk website that tells you how many of a particular type of car/bike/quad there are in the country it's one of 4 known. There could be others from that year that aren't registered but I'd say it's unlikely.

Engine parts are not too tricky to trace as they come of the FSE450 enduro bike. The rad is from a KTM, and that's as much as I've worked out to be honest. It's now fitted with cannondale controls! I'm trying to track down a rear swing arm guard that's split which I'd rather not get repaired. Problem being that it's not even listed in the parts manual, looks like a KTM/Raptor 700 guard, but, I can't be certain.....

GASGAS UK have been fairly helpful, they could have quite easily told me to do one, but they got me the bits I need. You are absolutely right though, the quads are like some illicit love child they want locked in a cupboard, which is crazy really as they only stopped making them last year, and I'm not even sure that's true!!

I'll post some pics when it's been given a wash, plastics are a bit ming at the moment.

jesshamner

#39 Post by jesshamner »

Here are some pics I was asked to post. I think this is the right thread.

speedracer

#40 Post by speedracer »

Sure enough,thanks Jess.