Gas Gas 300

jesshamner

#41 Post by jesshamner »

No problem. Sweet looking gasser.

marshall100

#42 Post by marshall100 »

Just been doing some tests on the gas gas today, initial findings are that it has much better road manners than the cannondale, it's nowhere near as frantic, and as a result nowhere near as quick as the road legal cannondale it replaced......

marshall100

#43 Post by marshall100 »

It also has the turning circle of a north sea oil tanker, on tarmac at least it understeers horribly.

speedracer

#44 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Aug 7 2011, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It also has the turning circle of a north sea oil tanker, on tarmac at least it understeers horribly.

laugh.gif You just have to feather that clutch to break them rear tires loose,that will tighten your turning radius tongue.gif

marshall100

#45 Post by marshall100 »

I take it back about it not being as quick as the cannondale. I found a sixth gear which I had no idea was there.

It certainlly a very different animal compared to the cannondale. The dale is torque and revs and noise, the gasser is floaty and smooth and brisk.

I miss the drama of the cannondale, but I prefer the plush ride of the gasgas.

wistech

#46 Post by wistech »

Are you comparing the stock Cannondale engine or a real ported perfomance Cannondale engine ?

marshall100

#47 Post by marshall100 »

Bone stock.

marshall100

#48 Post by marshall100 »

Actually let me put that in to some kind of perspective, it's not faster than the dale on the road. Riding the dale on the road was an assault on the senses, you'd ping through the gears frantically, and then wonder where the sixth gear was. The gasgas will go like **** and then you get the sixth gear which gives as quick a top end as the dale, with the dale you'd be there long before.

I'm not discrediting either bike, and it's not really a fair comparison. The gasser comes with sachs shocks which are light and floaty, and a 50 inch rear axle. By comparrison my road dale had the ohlins on it which we all know are junk and some wheel spacers which probably got it some way up to around 46-48 inches. The front end of the dale is alot heavier than the gasser, but the travel on the gassers shocks mean that it's not as prone to picking up it's front wheels either. I'd love to put it side by side with my race bike to make a much fairer comparison.

Which has given me an idea.......

wistech

#49 Post by wistech »

The ohlins are junk? Like worse than the arvins? Or fox?

marshall100

#50 Post by marshall100 »

Stock Ohlins are terrible. On the front at least, it's transformed my race bike since I put the Gt thunders on there.

I'm not sure if you've ever had a dale on the road with stock ohlins but the bike is all over the place. It's certainly entertaining under acceleration.