Stepping up from Can-Am DS90X

pcleiter

#1 Post by pcleiter »

So my son has been riding a CanAm DS90X for the past 2 years now. Overall, it is a fantastic ride for him. Extremely stable, very mild mannered, etc. We've got the MaximumRPM exhaust on it, the upgraded CDI, and some upgrades to the clutch. I think we've taken the motor about as far as I'd like to... I think... He is definitely ready for a little more. My thoughts have gone from 'new bike' to 'larger jug' and everything in between. What I really think I'd like to do is to swap the engine for something with a manual transmission. Problem is though that I'm finding very few engines with a left-hand drive chain. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Dude54758

#2 Post by Dude54758 »

QUOTE (pcleiter @ Sep 14 2011, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So my son has been riding a CanAm DS90X for the past 2 years now. Overall, it is a fantastic ride for him. Extremely stable, very mild mannered, etc. We've got the MaximumRPM exhaust on it, the upgraded CDI, and some upgrades to the clutch. I think we've taken the motor about as far as I'd like to... I think... He is definitely ready for a little more. My thoughts have gone from 'new bike' to 'larger jug' and everything in between. What I really think I'd like to do is to swap the engine for something with a manual transmission. Problem is though that I'm finding very few engines with a left-hand drive chain. Any thoughts or suggestions?

How old is he? Next logical step is a blaster. That should carry him over till there early teens. Easy to pull 40hp out of a blasty too.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Raptor 250 or if to young 125 raptor qualifies for many kids classes.