Kawasaki KFX 450

marshall100

#1 Post by marshall100 »

A good friend of mine has finally seen the light and moved from bikes to quads, just got a 2008 KFX 450. Not sure it's the right ride for him as he's expecting to be able to play around with the ECU like I can with the cannondale.

I guess the question I have with them being quite rare in the UK is what mods should he go for? I think it's bone stock bar some wheel spacers. I'm thinking that he needs to do the exhaust and the airbox before moving on to anything else?

Love to know what you think, I was thinking that it's the quad I'd one day move on to till Honda said they'd FI in 2013. Think he's going to ride mostly enduro's rather than MX so don't think he's after massive power gains.

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

They are very nice quads when put together. KFXBryan has one, I really liked it and could see it being added to the stable when I hit the lottery.

My opinion... pipe, FCI airbox, powercommander, new seat foam, then rework the stock shocks. That would make a great quad!

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

dont forget he can add dirtbike cams and then the engine turns into a fire breathing monster

marshall100

#4 Post by marshall100 »

Does the addition of the cams require any ecu changes?

He allready views the fuel injection as a form of witchcraft.

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

yes just get the power commander and he can make easy fuel changes

marshall100

#6 Post by marshall100 »

Thanks man, that's a real big help.

mydreamride

#7 Post by mydreamride »

Like jacobw said about a fire breather, with a set of kx cams, full pipe, and an FCI intake the kfx is capable of 50hp and 34ft-lbs (best powerband of any of any 450 I have seen). I've got the dyno charts to prove it and multiple witness that have seen how well the bike runs.