can-am ds 450

speedracer

#1 Post by speedracer »

I just picked-up a low hour ds cheap,anyone know anything about them?Its an 08 with a fmf slip-on,cut pink wire and airbox lid off.Seems to run strong.Thanks.

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

if you still have that pitbike and want to sell it let me know

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

My only experiences have been bad. Quick machines but each time we go riding with one it ends up being towed in. Seen a couple frame breaks, multiple overheats, and a rod through the case once. Not much luck with them. But none were remotely stock and ridden hard. Congrats on the find but join more Can-Am oriented sites. There's quite a few updates and fixes for them. Probably the closest thing to a CDale in terms of needed updates, haha. KTM actually I believe has more.

marshall100

#4 Post by marshall100 »

I echoe what who gives a6 said. The 08's-10's are not the most reliable machines. I've sen several low hours bike flick into limp mode on many occasions, and they were largely bone stock machines. I've toyed with going to one because that year of bike is cheap in the uk, and owners don't seem to be too bothered about doing the upgrades needed. Seems more like a dale than anything else in as much as you do what you need to and the bike will look after you.