My New 450R

Psychosis

My New 450R

#1 Post by Psychosis »

Looks nice, flies true, and is suspended well. W/the HRC kit it really woke up compared to a stocker but still doesn't have the C'Dale power or response.

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

Frontside

4punksdad

#3 Post by 4punksdad »

cool.............

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Well, thought I'd say something else here. Went to an MX race yesterday and when I got to the race to race the Cannibal w/the brand new front end, it seemed great. Tested it out on a few open trails to check the shocks and when I got ready to go to the starting line, THE SHIFTER BROKE!

Well, long story short. It was dumped for the Honda which performed well above my expectations, even in stock form w/HRC. Stalled it on the starting line though b/c not used to tall gearing. biggrin.gif Came back and passed I believe 12 riders before they flagged me off the track on the LAST lap b/c I didn't have any nerf bars yet. But several others were flagged off too. Made me wonder why they let us start the race if they pulled us off at the end.

I hate to say it but I think I'm falling in love w/the stock R on the tracks more than my C'Dale w/full MX setup.

quad_freak14

#5 Post by quad_freak14 »

Originally posted by Psychosis
 Came back and passed I believe 12 riders  

there were only 13 riders and the results said you finished 10th dude..

i wrecked out of the gate and i still passed you..

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

You know a stocker will be nice and plush compared to a race quad.But when pushed or ridden all out you will be way better off on the race suspensioned quad.Be careful a stock quad will be great for awhile but will reach its limits just when you need more the most and most stockers it isnt a gradual thing it is great and then you are in trouble.

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by quad_freak14
there were only 13 riders and the results said you finished 10th dude..

i wrecked out of the gate and i still passed you..

Sorry bro. Typo. Meant to write 2. biggrin.gif So sorry about that. Didn't reread it after I typed it. I also knocked off my killswitch twice though and got passed by 3 riders so I'm guessing one was you after I got going again. Need to relocate that thing.

But Casey has not been my lucky spot. I've raced 3 TT and 3 MX races in Missouri and have totalled 5 podium spots in my class. Didn't get it in one MX. There's something about Casey that haunts me though. Whether it's MX or XC, something ALWAYS goes wrong there.

4punksdad

#8 Post by 4punksdad »

try a cr-250 front sprocket for better gearing.

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

Guess I should update it. Getting more used to the Honda and it shows. I have video this time for proof. Raced at LTMOffroad in Casey, IL again on Monday. I made my way up to first place on lap 3 before wrecking pretty bad. (Going to the hospital in the morning to check it out.) My entire side is purple and even w/everything I can use to dull the pain, it's still bad. Tons of bruises and skins too.

Well, I got back going and attempted to make my way back but never caught the leader. I did however catch several B riders b/c the wrecked and then they tried to pass me right before the finish line. I came around and the official was throwing the checkered flag and I was still dazed from my wreck so figured I was done. Turns out that the official that I was in B class and flagged me in early. So instead of like a 2nd place finish I got back in the pack somewhere and didn't even check what place.

Was able to dull the pain and rode the 2nd moto to a very good placing aboard the nearly STOCK honda. The guy who beat me was on a YFZ and is FAST for a C rider! I ended up 2nd in it about 5 seconds or so behind. Not bad for a Honda w/nothing but killswitch, nerfs, and HRC kit. Everything else stock but my new sponsor helped me set up the shocks which is greatly apprectiated. So I have to thank H&H Motorsports down here in the southern part of IL. And I'm now I believe 5th overall in the Illinois ISS in C class MX after the 5th place finish. (Was in 8th and 2 riders ahead didn't show and I placed higher than another who was like 2 points ahead.)

Ryanstones

#10 Post by Ryanstones »

whoa, hope you get feeling better soon man!