4 wheeler ,Cannondale ; brand new Item number: 4568781049

comander420

#11 Post by comander420 »

My brother in laws nephew got scammed that same way, I think he was out $4000, he thought he could buy a new polaris 700 twin for that kind of money, what a dumb azz. I've bought cars and quads off ebay but I have always told the sellers regaurdless of their terms that I will pay when I see the merchandise in person, if they don't like it then they can loose the extra cash I was outbidding someone else with!!!!!

harleypitbull1

#12 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I sent her one last email yesterday to try and go look at the quad. I had already told her that I would have the money in hand when I looked at it. Her last email said, and quoted: This is the only way to do it, sorry !!!!!!!!! the end. I guess she was referring to shipping it to me and givin my money back if I was not satisfied. She will have to screw somebody else. It aint happenin that way with this ol boy.

levi550

#13 Post by levi550 »

Wierd though, the feedback score is 2100. Seems pretty good, though mostly from sellers lately.

I bought mine from ebay, drove ~ 13 hrs. to go pick it up. Some "shady" dude named Haydug. smile.gif

Turned out to be a great thing.:usa :head:

But, gotta agree with the other comments, if they will not let you see it......do not send money. :deal: My opinion, not worth the hassle, even if you do get your money back.

fig

#14 Post by fig »

Do you guys think it's a scam?

The ad says you can pick up.

"This thing is too fast for me at age 43 i do not know what i was thinking. I only used it one time.440 4 stroke, great shape! + shipping,or you can pick it up. Thanks for looking!!! "

It doesn't seem shady to me. But then again I'm not interested in buying it

fig

#15 Post by fig »

I just noticed the feedback

"BEWARE seller would not contact me or make arrangments for me to pick ATV up!!"

OK, I might be concerned that the account was hacked or something was wrong.

I would only buy it with local pick-up!

harleypitbull1

#16 Post by harleypitbull1 »

She told me by email that she would not let me come look at it or pick it up. I am only and hour and half drive from where the quad is located. She said that shipping was the only way she would sell it. I think it sold for about 2200 last time it was on ebay. I bid 1800 early in the auction. I got an email from ebay telling me that the high bidder had backed out and I needed to contact the seller if I was interested. So I did and now she says all she can do is ship it. So I am not interested in that. The man who owns it talked to me on the phone and told me he thought it was an 03 model. Who owns any kind of automobile, quad or anything and does not know the year model? He was supposed to call me back with a VIN and never did.

comander420

#17 Post by comander420 »

It was hacked it happens alot, I was bidding on some boats in the spring and about 4-5 days after the auction ended I would get emails on a second chance bid, for a rediculously low price. One actually forgot to remove the phone number of the original item hacked and I called the guy and told him, he then figured out that it was hacked because at 3 times what I offered it still hadn't reached it's reserve. It is a scam I would bet $100 on it.