Need paddles and advice to witch ones to buy

millermanbg

Need paddles and advice to witch ones to buy

#1 Post by millermanbg »

I have a set of 8 inch rims i want ot put rear paddles on i ran geckos and didnt like them what should i run on my moto to go to glamis and buttercup riding i want to do alot of drag racing up comp and alot of jumping off the dune and alittle bit of bowling
what ones work the best you you and do you have any almost new ones for 8 for sale also what size fronts should i buy 21 or 22 thanks

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

A 22 will float better on front. I run 21's, because I jump alot and 22's seem to bounce more on landings. Never ever for any reason run a 10" wheel on the rear.. The best tire for dragging/hillshooting is a 21" Hauler or Glider or Hauler/Glider mix. Try a 7 paddle Hauler or a 10 paddle Glider. The Glider will work just as good and if others are following in the bowls or hills it leaves virtually no roost.. The foward motion it pulls you with on the sand is outstanding.. No roost doesn't mean you aren't moving foward w/ maximum motion.. The quad will rev freely. I have two words for molded tires when comparing to Haulers or Gliders, They Suck!!! However the best bang for the buck is Sand Devils at about 125 for 2 tires and wheels from RMATV.. You can use a .125 rim if you don't get over four feet high when jumping on a 21" tire. You will pancake a .125 rim on a 20" tire on your first jump!! When you get your feet wet and want to see some big dunes head north to Utah and Idaho...

azcannon

Re: Need paddles and advice to witch ones to buy

#3 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by millermanbg
I have a set of 8 inch rims i want ot put rear paddles on i ran geckos and didnt like them what should i run on my moto to go to glamis and buttercup riding i want to do alot of drag racing up comp and alot of jumping off the dune and alittle bit of bowling
what ones work the best you you and do you have any almost new ones for 8 for sale also what size fronts should i buy 21 or 22 thanks

I don't have any for sale, I have both 21 's and 22's up front they wil perform different in different kinds of sand density but to answer the drag racing questions haulers or other straight cut paddles are just the way to go I have a set of gecko's myself and don't really care for them. they just sit in the garage and wait to go to the cinders one day I will use the rims and throw the tires away ( I will give them to somebody )

CHAINSAW

#4 Post by CHAINSAW »

what size of rims do the geckos you have go on azcannon? I have some 10" sand stars, and I hate these pieces of junk. Ive ran geckos in the past and loved them, but was waiting until the 10 paddle versions were out to get some of those. If you wanna trade, and yours are for 10" rims, you want some sand stars?

Buddah77

#5 Post by Buddah77 »

You definitely do not want to run a 10 paddle. You'll be robbing horsepower in a big way and your machine will be a wheelie machine. Stick with an 8'' tire wheel combo. You'll flatten a 10'' wheel in no time if you jump a lot.

speed_demon

O.T. sorry

#6 Post by speed_demon »

Sandstorm & or Buddah, I was planning on getting new paddles for my Speed as soon as I get my 505 back from Tim. Should I only run an 8 paddle? Was looking at extreme grip haulers. Thanks ahead of time.biggrin.gif

Sandstorm

#7 Post by Sandstorm »

You might be good w/ Extremes w/ all that extra power. No more then 8 though in a 21" tire. I'd try a 7 paddle Extreme.. It is waaay easier to over paddle a quad then under paddle it. Don't rule out a 12 paddle Glider either.

speed_demon

#8 Post by speed_demon »

Thanks. I'm going to try and make it out your way next fall to rip up your killer dunes!

Buddah77

#9 Post by Buddah77 »

With that motor a 21'' 8 paddle regular Hauler would be just right. Maybe even a 10 paddle bead to bead Glider as well.

azcannon

#10 Post by azcannon »

I got a lot of pm's I will post up when I dismount them, it will be a while they arent worth anything I think I saw them for 40 bucks a tire on rocky mountain catalog. I have a set of sand skates for playing on v-paddles and a set of triplebuff haulers for climbing the steep hills