Clean updated fx400

chigger81

#1 Post by chigger81 »

I'm toying with the idea of selling my quad. I know I wont be able to live without one when spring arrives, but things are going to be tight this winter. I am a senior in high school. The Dale is a pretty expensive toy, and the money would help out alot. I play football. All of my spare time has gone into the sport. Every other saturday I get the urge to jump on the dale for a taste, 20 or 30 minutes, but I havent been able to really ride it in months. Ill also be going to college soon, not sure what that will do to my riding habbit. I rode the dale once at a riding park and three times at a friends house. Other than that, It has not even been ridden away from home. At any rate, I thought I would see if there was anyone in the area interested. I am in central Missouri.

I bought the bike on ebay with low hours and a bad crank. I had timbo and happyboy do the motor work on it. It turned out to be an updated, mildly ported, stock bore stroker. I finished the project in mid-december 2005. Didnt ride much over the winter, had track season in the spring. I got a chance to put some hours on the machine this summer. Late summer and this fall have been taken up by football. I have not put many hours on the bike. Ill try to put up a list of whats been done, but im sure I am missing some of it.

The Motor:

-Has cable clutch and the FX case, strongest there is.

I had Timbo do the following:

-new stock piston/sleeve install
-New style Main bearing install and machine work
-complete rebuilt Stroker crank
-Stage 8
-low end install

Wistech:
-tightened decompression mech

-Happyboy did:
-Full mc1000 update
-port work (intake)
-Fuel system and oil line updates
-Metal coolant impellar
-Magnetic drain plug
-Airbox mods + velocity stack

ALSO HAS:
-motor mount update
-Super Trap pipe
-K&N filter

Chassis stuff:
-TAG fat bars - CR double high
-Relocated key switch (aluminum plate)
-razr 2s - 95%
-400ex rims
-gas cap
-Diamond plate A-Arm skids
-Diamond plate Full skid
-AC Swingarm skid

Machine is really quick. I wanted to enter an xc race, but i have been to busy. Only rode for recreation and smoking my friends. biggrin.gif Everything performs awesome. Cosmetically, there are two scuff marks on the left side plastics.

EDIT:

chigger_creek@hotmail.com
Cole Camp, Missouri
1-660-525-9937
Asking $3700

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

You need to update your ad to meet the new For Sale Guidelines pinned at the top of this section. Also put a price on your quad, this isn't Ebay.

Jimbo

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

NO!!!! Come on man, you don't want to do this. You will regret it for a long time!! sad.gif so sad....

hawksd1

#4 Post by hawksd1 »

Whatever you do dude please dont part it out keep the dales together.