Rebuilt Quad

Psychosis

#1 Post by Psychosis »

When I get done building the quad it will be for sale so testing the waters.

Quad will basically be a stock Cannibal w/a few upgrades and ALL updates. Tim has the head right now as well as the crank so it will be completely new head, new balanced Z400 crank, plus the basic updates like engine mount and valve cover. Not sure which frame it will be but it may be the red one in the photo. Otherwise it will be the one in the background but I haven't gotten around to completely tearing it down yet. Will have all new bearings, bushings, etc, all over. Basically a brand new quad from the ground up w/all reliability updates and ready to go. Stock bore, stock stroke Asso piston b/c Asso's have been good to me in the past going over 300hrs on one.

So even if not interested, what would be a fair price for a new machine top to bottom? Not sure what to ask for it. But I can deliver/meet to an extent or even ship at expense, but would rather not. So lets see some offers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondly I have an engine I've been building. It also has a brand new head and Tim has the crank. Stock bore, stock stroke Asso piston like the one in the quad above. Except that it is an 02 engine w/cable clutch. Was going to keep as a spare but brewing up something else right now that I'll explain in the near future.

So what would a brand new engine w/zero hours w/updates go for? It may also have an aluminum impeller and alum valve cover.

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

How about instead we put a full blown 450 race engine in the quad and sell it? 450cc Asso w/Timbo stroker, full porting from Tim as well, new valves, new cams, ported throttle body and boot, new clutch, etc, etc. Big power and still race legal.

Would anyone be interested in a mostly stock Cannibal w/a brand new built, and tuned, 450 race quad base? Instead of the 440 that is. Should have everything back in the coming weeks.

Something new is coming to the stable and will only need the 505 I'm building; so the others has to go. Might keep one engine and buy a roller or something though. You never know. Hope to have ready to sell w/in a couple weeks and will meet/deliver if not too far away. Going for sale locally too.

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

how much for the anodized frame?

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

I plan on either keeping it or it will go w/the quad for sale. Might just let it go if someone wants to buy the quad. The other one is getting done in same color.

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

According to the rules at the top of the page, you are supposed to set a price for your stuff. How much do you want for this stuff? If you are taking bids, I'll start at $1.00 for everything you have.

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Mar 27 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to the rules at the top of the page, you are supposed to set a price for your stuff. How much do you want for this stuff?

That's one rule I really don't like there. I don't know exactly what it's worth. I figured somebody would put a number out there and I'd move from that but nobody has. Depends which engine they want in the frame or to buy seperate.

steriledaryl

#7 Post by steriledaryl »

I am interested in your stuff. I need to know what state you are in. I am in kansas. I also cant really figure out what you are wanting from your viewers. I need to know what all you have with the quad. If i was bidding on what i see in the picture with a updated motor I would be a round 1500. And I would want the engine not installed in the frame so the side cover could be removed and I can see the craftmans ship. I like pices because they are alot cheaper and I can put them together myself. Also the stuff i see is all stock frame and arms and stuff. So there not worth that much cause the market is fluided. I bought my last cannondale for 1200 running just for your info. Thanks for you time.

Psychosis

#8 Post by Psychosis »

Location is listed above. Phoenix, AZ. It's basically going to be a stock quad w/a few bits and pieces here and there but w/a built and ready to go engine. Whether it's installed in the frame and tuned would depend on who's interested in it.

The market may be dead but I'd rather keep it then sell it for $1500. New piston/cylinder, new crank, timing chain and components, oil pump gears, new valve cover/impeller, etc. Or the 450 engine w/full on porting, 450 stroked crank, shaved piston to match. Both choices.

The porting, crank work, and components to refresh the 450 engine alone is over $1000 right there, plus cost of engine in the first place.

****, I got offered a trade-in here for a built 450 that was higher than they are selling for on here. I'll list locally and just keep if I don't get a decent offer.