XC CANNONDALE FX450 STROKER

chigger81

#1 Post by chigger81 »

I've decided that I must sell my quad. In about a month, I am leaving for the University of Missouri Rolla. I'll be studying full time to become a mechanical engineer. The Dale is a pretty expensive toy for a poor college kid, and the money would help out. I need better transportation if I plan to make the trip back home very often. I haven??????????????????t been able to really ride it in months. I put a lot of money into the machine to get it to where it is.

I bought the bike on ebay with low hours and a bad crank. The stock tires still had nubbies on them. Timbo, Happyboy, and myself did the motor work. I finished the project in early 2006. I tried to make the machine bulletproof. I think I almost bought all of the updates that were available at the time. Ill try to put up a list of what??????????????????s been done, but I??????????????????m sure I am missing some of it.

I just rode the bike on my friends mx track this weekend. I love riding the bike right now, but I know that it will be useless to me while I'm at school, so it really needs to go.

The Motor:

-Has cable clutch and the FX case, strongest there is.

I had Timbo do the following:

-new stock piston/sleeve install
-ATK style Main bearing install and machine work
-complete rebuilt Stroker crank with z400 bearing
-Stage 8
-low end install

Wistech:
-tightened decompression mech

-Happyboy did:
-Full mc1000 update
-port work (intake)
-Fuel system and oil line updates
-Metal coolant impeller
-Magnetic drain plug
-Air box mods + velocity stack

ALSO HAS:
-HMF Pipe
-motor mount update
-HD clutch - maybe 3 hours on it.
-Petcock update.
-gas cap
-K&N filter

Chassis stuff:
-TAG fat bars - CR double high
-Relocated key switch (aluminum plate)
-razr 2s - 90% +
-Heavier 400ex rims
-gas cap
Diamond plate A-Arm skids
Diamond plate Full skid
AC Swing arm skid

Machine is really quick. Its got the kind of power that pulls and resets the front wheels every time you shift a gear on the pavement. I'll have to get another one someday when I can afford it. Everything performs awesome. Cosmetically, there are two scuff marks on the left side plastics. The bike's been on its side once, other than that, never wrecked or flipped. Fluids changed and monitored religiously. CLEAN CANNONDALE.

REDUCED $2900

If you have any questions, feel free to call me on my cell phone 660 525 9937, my name is Alex. I near in Cole Camp, Missouri. Its about 15 miles south of Sedalia, which is where we have the Missouri State Fair.

chigger81

#2 Post by chigger81 »

HMF Engineering slip on and matching blue endcap installed today (7-22). Bike rips. biggrin.gif

rsncharlie

#3 Post by rsncharlie »

sweet skids man .... them are custom ..... wish I had the money might have bough it ....

chigger81

#4 Post by chigger81 »

Heres a picture of the HMF on my once again dirty dale. biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

NO!!!!! ohmy.gif

Great quad guys. I think it actually has every you can possibly do to it update wise.

Montez440

#6 Post by Montez440 »

I live in Joplin, MO
I have a friend looking for a quad
how much are asking for your quad?

chigger81

#7 Post by chigger81 »

$3100 - Pmed you

chigger81

#8 Post by chigger81 »

Ball Joint update - to be added this week. wink.gif

chigger81

#9 Post by chigger81 »

Ill be leaving for school on Saturday. If someone doesn't buy this bike, it will most likely just sit in my shop un-ridden for months. Needs to go bad, call me, ill make you a deal. wink.gif

chigger81

#10 Post by chigger81 »

Hey guys, been really busy at school. I haven't ridden the dale since the semester started. I had a guy here in Rolla commit to buy it, but he couldnt get the funds. I kinda quit trying to sell it. Somebody should buy it and ride it! Its gotta be lonely. mellow.gif Its going to get ridden next time I go home. smile.gif