Kara Korn Plastics?!?!?

thedeatons

#1 Post by thedeatons »

Wasn't this the C-Dale girl?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/cannondale-...0040233476&

Crapola, I spelled her name wrong and can't edit the title.... Sorry!

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

Somebody should get a sweet deal on that. That fullbore stuff is sweet!

aroracer72

#3 Post by aroracer72 »

I still cant bilieve she got on scarred with her wimpy crash........LOL....but those plastics are always rare and sweet.
Chad

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

I dont know if the story got out but after a very long time(2 years?) I did aquire the engine back after her boyfriend at the time took it apart with a hammer and prybar. It turned out the crank broke at the flywheel bearing which caused the crank to jam against the case. It was one of those freak things that come up. I dont think a crank has ever broken like that since. There was a possibilty that the engine was damaged in the rear end accident just before the race . The quad was hit by a delivery truck so hard it broke the swingarm pivot bolt and rear of the quad while it was in the back of her truck. Although I find it unlikey but it is a strange coincedence that the failure occured te next time it was run.

I took what was left of the 51 horse engine ,updated the porting ,built the 450 for mydreamride and pulled almost 57horse.

Kara probalbly wasnt the best girl rider to sponsor. She had virtually no local support or means to do a full season. I am still proud that she was able to go from never winning a race to being unbeatable with just a change in powerplants. Showing yet again that a performance ported head is all it takes to be competative. She was a skilled rider but did have some personal issues to deal with. I was very proud of what we acomplished even if it was short lived. Timbo ,Caniboomer and Blackwidow all helped contribute .

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

That is a great story, and one that I have never heard. Too bad we can't get more of this "inside-sponsorship" going on.

I have friends that ride lots of other brands, and are always taking them apart, but are still scared of the Dales, like they are some big secret....

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

I was worried about how Kara would do. Everyone I had sponsored had such a finicky record. Going from a Jap quad to something with an abundance of power has a sharp learning curve. Neil and Kyle Johnson could make me pull my hair out. They would go out and utterly dominate or crash in thier first day of racing. Sometimes it was both. The only one who has yet to come to grips with his quad is Chad who seems to have this abilty to get way out in front of the pack and crash his way to a DNF. Such is the life of a Cannondaler ..no mediocrity.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jun 27 2008, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Such is the life of a Cannondaler ..no mediocrity.

I beg to differ but of course, I didn't allow you to work all your magic on my motor. I had some decent results though and I rarely crashed.

desertbound

#8 Post by desertbound »

I sponsor my brother currently. I'm almost finished with a 400ex hybrid with a cfr450 motor in it. After seeing my Cannondale, he wants to get one and try one. He races desert though and would need a motor that could take a beating. I'd like to see a Cannondale in the Baja 500 and 1000 so we'll see what happens. I'd like to get ahold of a fully built Blaze for him, but money is not permitting that at the moment. Especially with almost 10g's wrapped up in this hybrid.

UpsMan

#9 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (aroracer72 @ Jun 27 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still cant bilieve she got on scarred with her wimpy crash........LOL....but those plastics are always rare and sweet.
Chad

No kidding, as far as crashes go, that was lame. I mean, all crashes suck and hurt usually, but that wasn't very dramatic on video, you know? I'm sure it hurt and was scarey, but it didn't have an explosion or anything to really grab your attention. When I say lame, I mean for the average TV viewer to see it and think it was any thing special.

moto440

#10 Post by moto440 »

i wish i could find sponsorship for my dale, i race at least twice a month and have done well with my reconstructed moto, but the motor is stock and shows it weaknesses at certain points on the track, but as always funds for motor work are my downfall, i think i sunk over or around 2k into the quad to get it back to stock moto and ready to race!!!