Slipper Clutch for Dales

Supermotodad51

#1 Post by Supermotodad51 »

ATK of Oklahoma has 20 Slipper Clutches for sale.
Price is $1,180.00 delivered, standard shipping, in Cont.US.
Includes : all components and instructions.
These components have a full AMA supermoto, and OSB 10 race serries
worth of testing.
no failure no adjustments.
This is an AWSOME product to improve you riding/racing experience.
BE IT ON DIRT OR PAVEMENT/WOODS OR STREET/ BIKE OR QUAD.
Increse your corner speed and smoothness,eliminate rear wheel hop!
Fits all ATK-DALE Clutches.
Visa, MC,Paypal acccepted.
http://www.atkusa.net/SlipperClutch/slipperclutch.htm
Kurt King ATK of Oklahoma
Race Manager
kking@atkusa.net <kking@atkusa.net>

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Any pictures or further info? Lot of $ to spend on something there is almost no info about. What is benefit over these compared to a Recluse clutch?

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

One is an auto clutch the other is a slipper clutch. I'll let the experts give the explanation.

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Auto clutch does not allow the engine to stall, basically if you lug the engine the Rekluse will not allow the engine to stop, you can come to a stop without having to pull the clutch in.

Slipper clutch allows clutch slippage when downshifting so the rear tire does not lock up. You can achieve the same thing by feathering the clutch out after you downshift, but this does it automatically, and does not harm your clutch plates at all. You can basically be setting up for a corner, chop throttle, and start banging downshifts with reckless abandon. A standard clutch would instantly engage the rear tire when you bang a downshift, causing rear wheel lockup.

These MAY be useful on the dirt, but honestly they are used mostly for the street. The people who would benefit the most would be roadracers, supermotard racers, super single (supermono) racers, etc. During dirt riding there is usually such a loss of traction anyway that you don't notice the lockup.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Almost all the dirtbikes and team Suzuki quads have slipper clutches.

desertbound

#6 Post by desertbound »

The Ducati Hypermotards have slipper clutches in them. At least the team ducati one I rode did. When I took it up pikes peak it was nice. Especially in the transitions where it went from asphalt to dirt and then back to asphalt. Zero wheel hop in tight corners and I was able to brake later knowing the bike was able to put the power to the ground. I also found that I could stay leaned in a lot better. It all boils down to keeping the power to the ground. That is what a slipper clutch allows you to do. I'm sure they work in dirt too, but IMO asphalt is where they are really needed.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Slipper clutch is also supposedly able to lengthen engine life since with stock setup rev limiter loses control of rpm in a downshift or sudden deceleration like landing from a jump. Does it eliminate all engine braking?

desertbound

#8 Post by desertbound »

In my limited experiences with them, it doesn't completely eliminate engine braking, but smoothes it out. All of my experience has been on the factory hypermotard, the Ducati Monster 695 that we custom built for Pikes Peak, and a very wicked Aprilia Super Moto which is the best handling bike I've ever ridden. They help a lot, and that price is actually really good compared to the stock Ducati set ups.

Scooter

#9 Post by Scooter »

I rode the 505 bike with the clutch in it. Kurt told me to throw a leg over it after we finished up with some Dyno work. They stoped on there way to the Connecticut round in August. I was amazed how much it helped going into corners and putting down the power sooner. Absolutly no chatter going in at all. I worked with a guy in the dirt that also used it in the pro class and his 250F was great in the dirt with a similar setup. Just my .02

Scooter