tons of dale parts for sale,building another hybrid dale ,quad tech hood,450 stroker motor

desertbound

#31 Post by desertbound »

We are not trying to say it isn't fast or built right. I am coming from a 523 yfz and this 450 I built is just as quick. I just want to know what is actually in the motor. I am interested in it. I am not buying something that I am not sure of. I am also not gonna buy anything with a falicon crank in it. Period. So I want to know if it's a timbo built crank or not. His cranks take his pistons. Thats a fact. Not speculation. I am well aware that others build motors. My crank is completely done by crankworks. There are conflicting stories here. There have been people who have bought stuff here that ends up being different than expected. That is all I believe we are trying to avoid.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

cdalehybrid426 nobody is trying to make things complicated but there is some beating around the bush here.So I will be blunt.See a WWE piston will NOT work on a Timbo stroker crank without some issues.That leaves two possibilities:

1) You gave Champion your very expensive piston and it wasnt installed.
2) You are mistaken on piston.

No other possibilities.I come right out and say that its more likely #1 and Champion ripped you off.

ozarkdaler

#33 Post by ozarkdaler »

I do not want to get involved but isn't Champion a reputable place? I never heard anything bad about them. I am not trying to defend them I was just curious.

ciscorc

#34 Post by ciscorc »

I have had work done at champion on more than one occasion and have been very pleased. As far as I am concerned Scott would be my first choice but that is just my opinion. I know what was in the motor when it was mine and i can only speak for that. If something was done to it after i got rid of it that is not for me to explain.

motoman

#35 Post by motoman »

Is the bike still for sale?

desertbound

#36 Post by desertbound »

Guys, I spoke with TJ(I think that was your name. Sorry if I got it wrong) tonight. Very nice guy and I personally do not feel like he intentionally tried to mislead us. He did not personally do the work so he is just going off of what he was told. Seems it is a falicon crank that was gone over by timbo and when he got it he had an asso in it. He then had Champion install the WWE for higher compression. As far as the cams, he got them from an outside source like he stated. He is offering a gurantee and even offered to open up the motor and take pictures.

I apologize if it seemed like I was jumping on you. I was just wanted to know for sure what was in the motor.

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Nov 10 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not want to get involved but isn't Champion a reputable place? I never heard anything bad about them. I am not trying to defend them I was just curious.

No

Machine 202

#38 Post by Machine 202 »

you dont ride in the a-class u just moved up to quad am from novice, ik who u r i race in the am class and i guarantee u cant beat me, so ur no A class rider

ciscorc

#39 Post by ciscorc »

i have to ask why you say "NO" ?

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (ciscorc @ Nov 11 2008, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have to ask why you say "NO" ?

I wont post second hand info. P.M. me for details and people to talk to who have direct dealings with them.