02 Cannondale Cannibal 4 sale-reduced price

MyCannibal

#11 Post by MyCannibal »

tarheels- no offense, but this ad seems a bit weird to me...maybe it's just me.

NRath

#12 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (MyCannibal @ Mar 10 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tarheels- no offense, but this ad seems a bit weird to me...maybe it's just me.

Yeah, I definitely look at it with a skeptical eye, too. Don't take it personally. First of all you're a new user that none of us know or recognize. Then you're talking about needing a "chip" that a 'dale doesn't have. Then the new holeshot razors... particularly when it looks like it's got the stock Holeshots on front with Kenda's on the rear. Just a couple odd things here. I can't stand up and say you're trying to rip someone but you've definitely got some contradictory info in your post. I'm not trying to flame you, just pointing out what many users are probably thinking. We've seen our share of bogus posters and try not to let anyone get sucked in.

tarheels2323

#13 Post by tarheels2323 »

I told you I have nooo clue about cannondales..that pic was taken when I first got the quad..and I have new holeshot rear tires..and if these quads don't have a computer then what am i lookin at under the front fender assembly?..I mean, if you don't believe me its cool..i only made this username because its a cannondale forum and i figured it would be the easiest way to sell my quad..i'm only gonna accept cash and pick up so im not scamming anyone..but hey, believe what you want..if u want more information i'll give u my cell..cuz im definitely not tryin to scam anyone..

moto440

#14 Post by moto440 »

location? i would guess by the name south carolina?

tarheels2323

#15 Post by tarheels2323 »

Actually no, I live in PA..i'm just a huge tar heels fan..haha

NRath

#16 Post by NRath »

Well, that's all good news. Definitely sounds like you're on the up and up. You're looking at the ECU under the hood and it certainly has a "chip" in it, but it (the chip) isn't something that we can replace. I doubt your issue is in the ecu but it does sound like a fuel problem. Starting simple- have you replaced the fuel filter?

That's a nice looking stocker there, too! Looks to not have been ridden too much. I bet that came from the factory as a refurbished unit- the same way I bought my first one. Ohlin's fronts on a Cannibal was pretty rare except for the re-furbs. That means it probably started life as an FX400 then was sent back for updates. Just speculation though.

tarheels2323

#17 Post by tarheels2323 »

Nah, I havent really messed with it because I haven't been able to ride so I havent had a chance to fix it..and i'm tryin to sell it..so you think the fuel filter would be causing it to kinda stall only at anything over half throttle?..i mean if the fuel filter needs replaced wouldnt it stall out constantly..and yeah she is in immaculate condition for an 02..the guy before me said he hardly ever rode it..when i first got it the quad was overheating like crazy then me and my dad took apart the cover for the impellar we found the problem pretty fast. It was all corroded and wasnt circulating the water..but thats all replaced and now she purrs like a kitten..these quads are definitely different than anything i've ever rode..super quick..but yeah i want a street bike so thats why im looking to sell it..if i dont sell it i wanna put money into it and make it pretty quick though

quadracer500

#18 Post by quadracer500 »

try a coil first. that is what mine was doing, and coil fixed it.