2 Dales 4sale 01' fx and 02' cannibal

Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

shustack, here is a little info on why you are not getting bites. You said you dont' know the history of them but you also said they had the z400 and updates. Who did them? You are new so people might looks at you and the bone stock machines and not believe they are updated. If you can explain a little on who did the updates or why you know they are updated it will help. Also, 2k for a stock updated machine is a tough sell. You can get one updated with aftermarket goodies for around 2k if you are lucky at times. If it doesn't have the crank updates i wouldn't give 1k for them bone stock.

just my .02, hope it helps.

claas900

#12 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Aug 23 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shustack, here is a little info on why you are not getting bites. You said you dont' know the history of them but you also said they had the z400 and updates. Who did them? You are new so people might looks at you and the bone stock machines and not believe they are updated. If you can explain a little on who did the updates or why you know they are updated it will help. Also, 2k for a stock updated machine is a tough sell. You can get one updated with aftermarket goodies for around 2k if you are lucky at times. If it doesn't have the crank updates i wouldn't give 1k for them bone stock.

just my .02, hope it helps.

Well said.

shustack

#13 Post by shustack »

Thanks for your input guys.

I tried to give the best description I could to start. The 01' fx 400 I've owned since brand new, I changed to the 1000 ecu and put stage 8 bolts in the clutch case that's it. The front tires are still original. The rears were 3/4 tread when I put a set of ohtsus on and wore them pretty much out, the paddles that are on there now were used to start with and put an hour or less on them about a month ago after I put the new battery in. I couldn't resist a little ride. I'm just trying to give an idea of how low the hours are on this machine but again besides the stage 8 kit there were no engine updates done. I just used it for climbing coal banks in the area never raced. It's hard to part with considering I paid 7700 and its in such nice unmolested condition but thats the way it goes. I just don't have time for them anymore. To me this bike is more of a collectors nostalgia piece, I think its number 318 or somewhere around there but anyway it is what it is.

The 02' cannibal I bought used about 2 years ago, I don't know the history on this bike so I can't give any promises on the updates. I was told by the previous owner it had the stage 8 and the z400 bearing but unless there is someway to check for sure I can't give any guarantee. I does have a slip on exhaust but thats about all I could guarantee.

As far as the pricing I'll consider any offers as they are useless to me sitting around. I'd like to get back what I paid for them which is 9500 laugh.gif but I know that's not gonna happen. If you think they're worth 2000 then offer me that, I probably won't accept it right away but if I don't have any other interest I probably will.

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

oof, i bought into the dales after the bankrupcy. I feel for those that bought new. But you know what, if you bout a new yfz back in 03/04, they would be worth 2-3k now too.

mtheaded

#15 Post by mtheaded »

Where are you located? i will give you 1200 for the FX400. Please let me know thanks.

jacobw

#16 Post by jacobw »

might be insterested in other machine let me know location??

shustack

#17 Post by shustack »

I'm located in shenandoah, pa 17976. I'm down to $1400 each or $2500 for the pair. Shoot me an email and I'll get my cell to anyone interested in checking them out.

jacobw

#18 Post by jacobw »

QUOTE (shustack @ Aug 27 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm located in shenandoah, pa 17976. I'm down to $1650 each or $3000 for the pair. Shoot me an email and I'll get my cell to anyone interested in checking them out.

with no updates other than the stage 8 you are looking about 1k range i sold one with updated z400 crank for not much more than that just the way the market is and at 1k you are still looking at a tough sell

shustack

#19 Post by shustack »

$2500 for both machines! I can't go any lower.

speedracer

#20 Post by speedracer »

Thats a screaming deal,very nice FX.