Extra oil flow sight glass.

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

I found a supplier who had a bunch of these filters I have been making flow check devices into. I think I bought more than I will ever use so I will offer the rest for $33 shipped to anywhere in the US . Although I have never seen one get the glass broken I have found a clear vinyl cover for added protection against debris damage. They all have the usual super magnets and larger flow ports . A crutial device for quick checks on how your engine is pumping oil and what is in the oil . If you dont have an updated crank yet this will let you know when the last few hours have arrived. It also gets steel particles that can get stuck in your oil pump check valve and cause the dreaded hydrolock problem.
John Laska
1 715 551 1498
Wasuau WI

kevin444

#2 Post by kevin444 »

wistech,

what lines are you mounting these between? i think i want one.....im always checking the level simply by looking for the size of the "water fall" in the filler hole. for what ever reason....probably just over fill, even though i've tried many differnt ways im always letting some go from the vent at the valve cover after wide open runs... mostly when riding in the dunes. all my oil lines are good and pumps, etc. i've built this engine from the ground up. i've got a hose from the vent running down where the battery used to be mounted; thats where she does her dirty work. i'd like one of these not only to see the quality of oil, but i assume the flow as well....let me know....

kevin444

#3 Post by kevin444 »

oh any pics of where its mounted?

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

There are pics in the trick little items thread. Ill post some when i get home. It takes about 2 minuts to install in the scavange line. They are not for checking oil level but oil flow to be sure the engine is actually using the oil thats in it. If your scavange pumps stop working you will know in a few seconds what the problem is or if you have coolant in the oil the window will turn milky . For the guys that use these they are a pretty cool thing to watch in action as well. Just a churning oil festival . Not as cool as watching whats going on through the valve cover windows though.

moto440

#5 Post by moto440 »

These are nice the 05 I got has one. And if I wasnt broke I would buy 2 for my other quads

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (kevin444 @ Feb 18 2010, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh any pics of where its mounted?

It mounts in the long molded rubber hose that goes from next to the oil drain plug up to the frame on the right side of the motor. This is the line where the scavenge pump pushes the oil (in a hurry) back to the frme tank.

kevin444

#7 Post by kevin444 »

sweet let me know Wistech...

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Heres an installed pic. Looks like all that river runnin this winter is rustin my stuff.

kevin444

#9 Post by kevin444 »

hey bud if you can hold one for me ill make a payment at the end of the week; send me ur info. also, you running with your covers off?

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

I like running without a stator cover . Ive only got one cover that has a window in it. It makes it easier for preride checks to see if the flywheel is starting to get loose on the hub so I just leave them off. Although knock on wood havent had a flywheel probelm in a long time.