03 Moto With Title

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (ry415 @ Oct 21 2011, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kinda figured I wont get what I want so I'll just keep it...its an awesome machine but not one you can just wash put away and ride again next week.

What do you mean ? Ive been doing it for nearly 10 years.

ry415

#12 Post by ry415 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Oct 21 2011, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean ? Ive been doing it for nearly 10 years.

Wash put away and repeat???? lol stop it you don't even believe that yourself.

jacobw

#13 Post by jacobw »

i done that for over two years with my race bike, i did regular maintenance just like any other brand since racing was my lively hood but the fact of the matter is i had a yamaha yfz450 and i was always tinkering with the carb adjustments from race to race trying to get it dialed in. Mine have never required any more maintenance to keep running than any other major brand. I know guys that i race with that change thier oil every race, i never did that i changed it every 3 or 4 races, and it ran on the stock crank for 2 harescramble seasons prob over 50 races and countless hours of practice

ry415

#14 Post by ry415 »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Oct 21 2011, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i done that for over two years with my race bike, i did regular maintenance just like any other brand since racing was my lively hood but the fact of the matter is i had a yamaha yfz450 and i was always tinkering with the carb adjustments from race to race trying to get it dialed in. Mine have never required any more maintenance to keep running than any other major brand. I know guys that i race with that change thier oil every race, i never did that i changed it every 3 or 4 races, and it ran on the stock crank for 2 harescramble seasons prob over 50 races and countless hours of practice

Thats awesome! I had some bad luck to start...starer clutch went first did all tbe updates only to have the stator side crank bearing fail...so two teardowns in less then a year really pissed me off but i agree when together correctly shes the easiest to start and will idle till the gas runs out.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (ry415 @ Oct 21 2011, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wash put away and repeat???? lol stop it you don't even believe that yourself.

I will admit during the years of reliability R&D and then horsepower wars I had a bunch of engine failures on that learning process . In the last 5 years most of my issues have been wheel bearings and ball joints. Ask any of the guys who do the engine rebuild classes what I do to my quads to get them ready for our rides. Gas them up and go.

When you did all the updates did you teardown the starter bearing and inspect the rollers/polish the grip shaft? Did you pull the main bearing apart to see if the plastic cage was contaminated from the metal?

ry415

#16 Post by ry415 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Oct 22 2011, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will admit during the years of reliability R&D and then horsepower wars I had a bunch of engine failures on that learning process . In the last 5 years most of my issues have been wheel bearings and ball joints. Ask any of the guys who do the engine rebuild classes what I do to my quads to get them ready for our rides. Gas them up and go.

When you did all the updates did you teardown the starter bearing and inspect the rollers/polish the grip shaft? Did you pull the main bearing apart to see if the plastic cage was contaminated from the metal?