2003 Cannibal Better Than New - Georgia

Catmochanic

#21 Post by Catmochanic »

QUOTE (speedracer @ May 24 2012, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great looking Dale you got,where are you from?

Thanks for the compliment! I have been living in Raleigh, N.C. for the past eleven years. Originally from up near Cleveland OH.

Happyboy

#22 Post by Happyboy »

Raleigh huh? I am over in Charlotte. Not that I ride anymore, they have sat idle for the last 2 years. sad.gif /cry!

Catmochanic

#23 Post by Catmochanic »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ May 24 2012, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Raleigh huh? I am over in Charlotte. Not that I ride anymore, they have sat idle for the last 2 years. sad.gif /cry!

Brad77 mentioned to me that you lived in Charlotte. Let me know when you decide to dust those things off and want to go for a ride sometime, maybe we can meet up somewhere? I am still in the process of completing the oil vent line update, then going to "break it in" , hopefully this weekend! I am still researching the most correct procedure on how to go about the "break in". I understand the heat cycle, just unsure of if I should use any additives additional to 10w 30 oil, and also if the oil should exclude detergents? Any suggestions would help? This is my first Cdale, never have ridden or seen one before. I have owned some of the Japanese stuff in the past , but this one seems like if you give it the respect it needs, it will repay you with a great outcome. Looking forward to meeting and riding with ya'll (my northern friends would shun me for saying that)lol.

MX Quad Dad

#24 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Well, there are about as many different opinions on how to break it in as oil preferences, but don't think there is many who disagree with break-in additives or at least one to break-in the cams. Do a few searches and pick.

haulinit

#25 Post by haulinit »

engine break in preocedure.

I have always had good luck with the link above.

JeffQuadShop

#26 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Man that's a smokin deal! Wish I had the extra cash!

kdeal

#27 Post by kdeal »

Jeff, What's up? If you were ever in the market again, I am sure we could find you a sweet deal. We have come a long way since the Factory days (even ATK for that matter). Hope all is well with you and your family. Sure miss you on a Dale!

Ken

JeffQuadShop

#28 Post by JeffQuadShop »

QUOTE (kdeal @ May 26 2012, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeff, What's up? If you were ever in the market again, I am sure we could find you a sweet deal. We have come a long way since the Factory days (even ATK for that matter). Hope all is well with you and your family. Sure miss you on a Dale!

Ken

Hey Ken, I'm still kickin! LOL
I'm helping run the Kentucky hare scramble series and doing lots of trail riding. Would love to have another Dale one of these days.

Brad77

#29 Post by Brad77 »

Hey Jeff, man its been a while.

Hey CM, if you need any pics of wire routing or anything just lemme know.

Catmochanic

#30 Post by Catmochanic »

QUOTE (Brad77 @ May 31 2012, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Jeff, man its been a while.

Hey CM, if you need any pics of wire routing or anything just lemme know.

What's up Brad, I assume you were referring to me (CM=Catmochanic)? She is up and running now (still in the break-in process.) Performed the oil vent line update and downloaded as much manuals as I could to make sure everything is "spot on". Using Royal Purple break in oil on the engine side and their Synchromax oil on the clutch side, so far so good. I should have the D&M any day now so I can set the idle correctly and make sure everything else looks good. I also have a hour meter on the way so I can keep track of future services by the hours instead of just guessing. Looking to have a fun/reliable quad for many years to come. You going on the "ride" up north this year? Not sure if I am but would like to (getting married 2 weeks before then).