2003 440s supermotard

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

This is Cdale55's supermotard. He bought it several years ago just to have but now his life has gone in a new direction of supporting his son race ambitions. He sold all his Dale race quads and this is all thats left. Ive had it sitting in the garage for quite some time but it needs to go to a new home. I already have a s440 so I have no need of it.
We went through this engine and installed the good cams aluminum valve cover, fresh z400 crank, new valves and springs,aluminum impellar, oil sight glass and all the Witech updates that get done with every engine. While we were in there it also got my performance porting with bored throttle body. Coupled with a 13.5 to 1 CP 460 piston it would be a monster engine for a quad but we went a bit over bored and stuck it in the bike. The only thing hold the engine back is the tiny k@n air filter with a bike velocity stack. But since it already has an abundance of power its kind of a moot point to go with a better intake unless you were racing. We also installed the full street legal kit with lights horn,mirrors and turn signal buzzer. For a tach and speedo it has a huge display of the acewell system . It also displays coolant temp but the sensor was damaged and needs to be replaced.
Tires are new with about 50 miles on them. The front forks had been modified for someones dreams of a cafe bike conversion and we switched them back with the original spring setup for the street. The only other thing I would suggest is a swingarm mounted kickstand as the footpeg one on just doesnt hold it well anywhere but a windless flat floor.
As all motards this one does not have a federal emmisions decal so here in WI it is extremely difficult to get it titled and I just gave up. I know there are many states that its much easier to to do but I dont have the time and motivation to do it. If it was titled the asking price would be way more than it is now.

Looking to get $4000 for this bike which is a steal because it cost many thousands more to aquire and get it to this point. Open to counter offers or trades of something cool like a newer snowmobile,jetskis, cars ,pinball machines, laser weapons ect. Just no more quads . I have to many now.

Get ahold of me at 715 551 1498 for more details .
I will add details as I remember them.

The battery that is in it still can start the machine but I have a brand new one in the box that will go with it when it sells.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Sorry for the mess in the garage . And the motard tire chained to the forks does not go with the bike.

beanie$440$peed

#3 Post by beanie$440$peed »

Nice bike wish i had the loot....

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

If only my wife understood the addiction. sad.gif GLWS

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Stuff Im looking for , recluse clutch kits , steel cyllinder sleeves, cannondale clothing especially small shirts, remote ressy rear shocks, good front wheels, tires, titanium broken exhaust stuff.

MaicoMan490

#6 Post by MaicoMan490 »

Too Bad your so far from Vegas.
Shipping is a Killer From WI !
Very Nice Bike ! !

polyesterpig

#7 Post by polyesterpig »

what kind of pinballs? electro mechanical or the newer ones. I used to buy and sell the newer ones, much more fun. Medieval Madness, Star Trek Next Generation, Indian Jones, Jackbot (my current collection). I have owned Hi Speed Getaway, Black Rose, NBA Fastbreak, Star Wars Episode 1, RoadShow, Monster Bash, Elvira Scared Stiff.

cdale55

#8 Post by cdale55 »

I talked to Wistech a couple of days ago and he still has my s440 at his house I was wondering if anyone out there is interested in it. It is a great bike and I hate to guess how much I have into it. It just the darn state of WI is not allowing my to title it. It was titled before and when I sent it in to get WI title the voided the title and sent me a pic of it voided. I was told in other states it is no problem to get titled I know it would pass any tests they put it through Wistech did a great job doing that ! It is a shame to have it just sitting around I think only 52 where made so they are very rare. This is the bike Scott Russel raced at elk heart lake ( think that's where it was) It was in a magazine with him racing it. I sure wish I was riding it it is a blast to ride ! Well I am open to offers so just give me a call. We have some big plans for this summer racing so it would be nice to sell this. Things we do for our kids !! lol

[attachment=12496:2012_rac...02__50__.JPG]

Nate992v

#9 Post by Nate992v »

I'm in the market for a supermoto, but if you can't get it legal in WI, there's no way that'll happen in CA...

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

So the previous title was out of state and WI won't accept it?