Lifted Z-71 for quad...

scooter-crusher

#21 Post by scooter-crusher »

i have rode there a lot of times, it is either muddy or dusty, i dont think it gets in between. trails are ok, and the track was a little laim i thought, all the jumps were small and easy.

Drew

#22 Post by Drew »

sounds like my kind of track....small and easy...I've had tooooo many broken bones on the big jumps:confused:

MrSlithers

#23 Post by MrSlithers »

I've never rode anything like it! My buddy who was on the Blaster is a great rider and his is quick as **** and he told me he hated being in the middle because he was faster then everyone there besides me but i'd be half a track lenght in front of him. But the track was pretty nice. THe mud was minimal on the track and not a whole lotta dust unless you got behind me or one of the dirtbikes. It's the most fun i've had in a lonnnnnnnnng time:clap: .

Oh yea Jeff, how long did it take to warm up for you? When we 1st got there, I let it idle for about 10 minutes and then I started riding it around easy. If I got on the throttle more then 1/2, it would bog down and die. But after about 25 minutes of 1/2 throttle riding, it cleared up. I put new gas in it but I haven't changed the plug but im doin that today. What is the code number for these plugs?

dalewannbe

#24 Post by dalewannbe »

You need to do a throttle recal, which can on be done with the D&M kit!

Also make sure your battery connections are tight and clean.

scooter-crusher

#25 Post by scooter-crusher »

that battery was brand new when i gave you the bike, maybe 30 minutes run time, i cleaned the terminals etc. i usually let it idle for 10 minutes minumum, you might want to check to see if the fuse that i showed you has a tight connection, possibly put some of that electric grease on it? the spark plug is a cr8e from NGK, i have another new plug i will give you when we get together so i can give you that manual, coil and fuel pump that i have for it, just give me a call sometime this weekend....i told you that f*cker was mean!! it will be alot better when the weather warms up....

MrSlithers

#26 Post by MrSlithers »

I just went out and started her up today and she is runnin alot better then yesterday when we 1st got to the track. I think she just needed to clear her throat.

comander420

#27 Post by comander420 »

could have been bad gas, I know when I let mine sit for a month or better it doesn't want to run the same as with a fresh tank

scooter-crusher

#28 Post by scooter-crusher »

yeah that gas was every bit of 2 months old...did you drain it or just run it through? you might want to get a few gallons of race gas, mix it 50/50 with premium pump gas, that seems to work pretty good and saves a little cash instead of running straight race fuel, the way those dales eat gas that would get pricy.

bombsquad54

#29 Post by bombsquad54 »

dont run race fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will eat the rubber gromets for the quick conect and is not good on the injectors, read your manual it will tell you this:deal: it is probley cutting out cause cdales dont appreciate race gas:( just run 93 octane and you will be fine:)

MrSlithers

#30 Post by MrSlithers »

I drained the old gas and put new 93 octane in it the night I got it.