How much is Fullbore plastic worth?

protraxrptr17

How much is Fullbore plastic worth?

#1 Post by protraxrptr17 »

Somebody local desperately wants my Fullbore plastic. It's orange with a Glamis seat. It's in near perfect shape. How much should I ask for it? I don't really want to sell it but I need the cash and I want 250R plastic anyway. I already have to build a new subframe and fuel tank anyway for reasons yet to be made public. How much is the stuff new? Is it even still available? I'm not trying to sell it here, I just figured this is the forum to post in. Thanks for any input.

TheJaspMan

#2 Post by TheJaspMan »

It's still available from Full Bore. It's about $500 a set new.

Used plastic really varies by color, demand and condition. It's all about what the other person is willing to pay, and how bad they want it.

311racer

#3 Post by 311racer »

I wish it was 500.00 a set maybe if you were a dealer. I paid a little less than 800.00 for mine. I bought the kit witch is front and rear plastic, rad. shr. and gas tank cover. You can go to Fullbore Innovations the prices are on there. They are selling just the fenders for 650.00.

TheJaspMan

#4 Post by TheJaspMan »

I would have shopped around for sure. We just finished pricing out a set and was no where near $800. I would never even consider something like plastic for that kind of $$$.sad.gif

311racer

#5 Post by 311racer »

Shop around? You can go to there web site the fenders are 650.00 not including shipping. I did not paid 800.00 it was between 700.00 and 800.00. I got the reciept around here somewhere. Like i said if you are a dealer you can not get them that cheap.

TheJaspMan

#6 Post by TheJaspMan »

Yes, but buying directly from a manufacturers website or calling the direct is not always the cheapest.

I am definetly not arguing what you paid. And I am not trying to down-play your value. I am simply saying that I would not have paid that much. Nor would I recommend buying it directly from FullBore.

Fullbore is going to charge top dollar and probably take a month to send. They do not have any in stock and will have to bring out the molds. So you would pay for all the costs incurred. There are a few people who still have some available in stock. You just have to find them. That goes for all parts. I have a whole list of people with new Cannondale parts (axles, arms, filters...) that would nothing better than to sell even at a loss if they have to.

The thread starter asked what value he should place on plastic. I have no interest in it. But I gave my honest opinion. I already have too much plastic and can tell you right up front that used FullBore has little or no higher value than stock plastic at this time. Need proof? Throw it on eBay and see what you get.