Trade: Z400 for C'dale moto

cannon

#21 Post by cannon »

That maybe true, but for the money I would spend on a cannibal, I could build a bad Z400. Which do you guys think would be better to build. Don't jus say cannondale because you own one. If you have ridden both let me know what you think would be the better. I have never ridden a cannondale so I have no clue. Keep the offers coming.

Psychosis

#22 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by cannon
That maybe true, but for the money I would spend on a cannibal, I could build a bad Z400. Which do you guys think would be better to build. Don't jus say cannondale because you own one. If you have ridden both let me know what you think would be the better. I have never ridden a cannondale so I have no clue. Keep the offers coming.

I had one of the first KFX400's off the assembly line and now I have 2 C'Dale/ATK quads if that says anything to my point. It'll take a lot to match the C'Dale in engine power/torque, frame strength, and quality built parts. If you don't like maintenance or just don't like to be meticulous w/a quad then one might not be for you. For the rest of us here, we'll keep on having fun. As you can see, it's like a family here, though distant. :welcome:

MrSlithers

#23 Post by MrSlithers »

Originally posted by Psychosis
I have one of the first KFX400's off the assembly line and now I have 2 C'Dale/ATK quads if that says anything to my point. It'll take a lot to match the C'Dale in engine power/torque, frame strength, and quality built parts. If you don't like maintenance or just don't like to be meticulous w/a quad then one might not be for you. For the rest of us here, we'll keep on having fun. As you can see, it's like a family here, though distant. :welcome:

:clap: Just like I said before cannon, build ya a nice Dale and become our new baby:w:

cannon

#24 Post by cannon »

If I trade for one with all he updates and has been balanced, am I going to have trouble with it being reliable? Also are parts going to be available? When you say maintenance you mean basic stuff

like oil changes, cleaning filters, etc? I just don't want to trade for a quad that I am going to be fixing more than riding. I never have any trouble out of the Z400. I don't mind maintenance. Also if I

am not able to ride a cannibal for a period of time, but still go out and crank it and let it run, am I going to have trouble with it? Thanks

cannon

#25 Post by cannon »

Anyone?

c41xracer

#26 Post by c41xracer »

Originally posted by cannon
If I trade for one with all he updates and has been balanced, am I going to have trouble with it being reliable? Also are parts going to be available? When you say maintenance you mean basic stuff

like oil changes, cleaning filters, etc? I just don't want to trade for a quad that I am going to be fixing more than riding. I never have any trouble out of the Z400. I don't mind maintenance. Also if I

am not able to ride a cannibal for a period of time, but still go out and crank it and let it run, am I going to have trouble with it? Thanks

trouble?I would say no as long as you do all up keeping on the quad.I think parts will be available because the ATK is starting to become popular now and aftermarket comanies should come around to there sences sometime soon.I would tradif i were you because i traded a crf450 hybrid for a built Dale and dont regret it at all.

cannon

#27 Post by cannon »

Do the cannondale's feel good in the air? The z400 feels great. I want a machine that I can be confident on. Thanks for all the help so far. It looks like a may be looking at a cannibal or something like that.

bombsquad54

#28 Post by bombsquad54 »

i have rode alot of quads all long travel 15000.00 plus quads, and the cannondale tracks the best (jumps straight) out of all of them. a built z400 will NEVER touch a moto or a built cannondale, its all about the geometry and power to the groud, buy Bgood's hes only asking 4000.00 for it and its all race ready, just serch "speed" in the search at the bottom of the for sale section and look for thread author, "Bgood" and you will see. hope that helps !

USAMoto00

#29 Post by USAMoto00 »

Hey Cannon, pm Slicknick from this site and he'll give you a good comparison. He has a Z400 as well and would give a kidney plus the quad for a Cannondale or ATK. Unless your Doug Gust or one of the factory boys, your Z will always be underpowered.

quadprorider

#30 Post by quadprorider »

Ok, i'm no pro but pretty brutal on my machines. I used to own a 2004 longtravel z450. That was the best handleing, best cornering, best feeling bike, I have ever ridden. I never had frame problems, I never had swingarm problems, I never had no motor problems or anything. The C-dalei s not the most comfortable bike, in the world but neither is the yfz. Compared to the Z, no other bike can match its comfort. I also liked how the Z could soak up the casing of jumps and was VERY forgiving. The overall conclusion is to buy a dale. Unless you have lots of time and money to do some r+d with the Z then go with it. I spent alot of seat time trying to dial in the suspension. If you buy a dale that has all the updates like a crank, you will never have to worry about the frame cracking, the swingarm cracking, bad rear end geometry like the Z, common Z motor problems and some other small stuff. It's all up to you but, in my opinion buy a dale, give it some tlc and not worry about it. smile.gif