Lookin for a quad

440speedrider

Lookin for a quad

#1 Post by 440speedrider »

hey my buddy is lookin for a cheep quad to ride, he wants soemting semi fast, and hes only got little over 2 grand can anyone help, old beat up banshees that need rebuilt, totaled out quads, anything you guys that that is under 2 grand and its not a mini hit this thread and i will get back to ya, thanks fellas!

bd126

#2 Post by bd126 »

I have an 87 LT250R. It runs but needs some minor work. It is purple and yellow and has FMF pipe and silencer, FMF ram valve, aluminum nerfs, grab bar, baja bumper, aluminum bars. Polished wheels with new turf tamers on back and decent razrs on front. The cylinder has been ported. It will smoke my 416Ex that is ported and has a high compression piston and white brothers cam. It will almost run with a piped and jetted YFZ450.
I have a bearing carrier with new bearings waiting to be installed. I will sell it for $1200. I can email pics if interested.

01300ex

#3 Post by 01300ex »

i have a 2000 polaris in good condition i would sell for 1900 its a 325 2x4 and the only thing wrong with it is,the top of the stearing steam is bent a little bit pm if interested

440speedrider

#4 Post by 440speedrider »

hey bd126 what the minor work that needs to be done and were are you located?

bd126

#5 Post by bd126 »

The fuel tank needs to be drained and cleaned out. The carb probably needs to be taken apart and cleaned. It needs a new gasket installed for the reed cage. (I have one.) It needs the new bearing carrier installed. (Have that also)
Doesn't need any parts, just needs some work done that I have not had the time or the desire to do. Sometimes it will start right up and run great, other times it is hard to start, other times it will run great and then run crappy for a few seconds and then clear up. I think it just has some trash in the fuel. I used to own this bike and then sold it. I recently got it back in a trade. I didn't need it so I got it with the intentions of selling it. That is why I haven't worked on it.
I am located in Branson Missouri, which is in the southwest part of the state.