FMX Ramp

MrSlithers

FMX Ramp

#1 Post by MrSlithers »

I just built this to practice on but im selling the Cdale so I might as well sell this too. Alittle info on it- Me and my buddy built it all by hand. There's absolutly no rust on it since its never even been outside yet but I would at least paint it. The entire frame is supported/gussetted (in quad terms lol) and it is very very stable. All welds were done by a skilled welder. I don't remember the exact measurements off the top of my head but its in the area of 107" long, 63" wide and around 4 feet tall. I will get pics as soon as I can get it out of the shop. Im asking around $375 for it. Materials came to over $300 so I think it's a fair price. One more thing... it's not like those ramps that Dana Creech and everyone is jumping 100' gaps on. It's just big enough for everyday fun.

MrSlithers

#2 Post by MrSlithers »

In paint I kinda made a design of what it looks like. It's not just a straight shot off the ramp, there is a bend to it to launch ya:) . I'll get pics asap.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/Pavicon/Ramp.bmp[/img]

scooter-crusher

#3 Post by scooter-crusher »

something`s going to get broke.....sad.gif

just kidding man, be careful with a metal ramp though....

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

If I had the money that thing would be sold already. I need a good practice ramp and my skills aren't good enough for the 10 footer.

MrSlithers

#5 Post by MrSlithers »

Save up and buy it! But it's very strong and I didn't put all the braces in the design but i'll show you guys what im talking about tomorrow.

CannondaleRider

#6 Post by CannondaleRider »

How hard was it to build, i've been thinking of building a ramp lately.

I mean after my bike is together, lol

MrSlithers

#7 Post by MrSlithers »

We had to do alot of measuring, re-measuring, cuttin, welding and it was very time consuming.

dsracer666

#8 Post by dsracer666 »

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
How hard was it to build, i've been thinking of building a ramp lately.

I mean after my bike is together, lol
ramps are very easy to build once you get a system.

the last ramp I built was 14' long, 6' wide, and 6'6" high, it took about 6 full hours to build! but I build mine from wood (to keep cost down), and in 2 parts for easy transportion.

Cdale_racer_669

#9 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

me and my cousin built a ramp in the summer. i think its like almost 20 foot long, 6 high, 6.5 wide. if u have an imagestation account go to...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures...l?id=4285921193

MrSlithers

#10 Post by MrSlithers »

I thought these pics were deleted but they weren't so here's a pic of when we 1st started building it. I will get updated ones later since I was busy today. The arms (ramp part) haven't been bent or welded yet in the pictures....

[/img]