wanting a dale around 3500

whoamack22

#11 Post by whoamack22 »

he hasnt replied back to me yet im hopin he does

ducman

#12 Post by ducman »

I didn't even think about the z400 bearing when I had it apart. Looking back it would have been easy then. Whoamack I am in a hurry right now but will pm you later tonight.

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

Sorry for the questions ducman...but I am friends and deal with the hot springs bunch whoamack22 rides with. They own two dales already!! smile.gif

Ducman, how much has this quad been raced in the past? Also, what kind of problems have you had with it in the past? What got damaged after your wreck?

ducman

#14 Post by ducman »

The only thing that got hurt in the wreck was me and I slightly bent a tie rod. I have only run two races since the engine was apart. I had a problem with the head gasket leaking when I first got the bike but that has been fixed. I also had a problem with the engine shutting down sometimes but that seems to have been related to the fule filter. Other than that I havent had problems with it. Forgot to mention the engine also has metal oil pump gears in it.

rubicon20032003

#15 Post by rubicon20032003 »

I won't buy a used one again.Inless they have proof when it was rebuilt and hours on it or no hours.I bought ducmans brother in law dale.The one way bearing went out in two days after i got it.Mine needs complete tear down to put it in.It was raced to.Just be carefull Of who you buy off and make sure they have proof on everything.I can't wait to see it get tore down to see if all the updates wore done .they said haydug did..They said oil was changed often.It was back as coal.I think I was bs'd alot on it too.If you look at it good it had bent a-arms on it and bent syem no stated to me ether.Just watch who you buy off .Don't rush in too it like i did.

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

oof...sorry to hear that rubicon. yeah, used quads just like anything else used have to really be looked at. When you test drive something like a quad you tend to get all excited and overlook tons of problems.

ducman

#17 Post by ducman »

You could ask Doug about your quad rubicon, but if you are saying that I lied to you then you should look back through your pm's. I tried to do a couple of people a favor and this is what I get. Hey get over it and realize that shi! happens, nothing is perfect and you could have bought a new quad with the same problem. Whoamack please feel free to call Doug and talk to him or Kenny at his shop and they will tell you about my quad, after all Kenny put my engine back together. Rubicon if you got a problem with me I would more than happy to see just what your problem is, but don't come on here and have people believe that I lied to you because that just isn't true.:confused:

rubicon20032003

#18 Post by rubicon20032003 »

happyboy

Your right on it.But i was as honest as I can on mine with them.But I think they wore looking for a quick trade.I should have researched it alittle better.I say just watch and have proff on everthing just so you don't end up like i did .Putting money in something two days old

rubicon20032003

#19 Post by rubicon20032003 »

Ducman
I just saying that he should watch what he buys and have proof on everything done to it.I emailed doug on it.I don't think the way he talked . he no what was all done to it a the rebuild. If it was done a year ago.I'm have diamond racing do it a complete going over.I've called doug's shop and wasn't to impressed with them the people on the phone don't no anything and prices and what they have.

ducman

#20 Post by ducman »

I have nothing to hide, he!! I have a track in the back yard come and ride the quad before you buy it. Rubicon if "we" were looking for a quick trade then why was your quad posted for trade for so long.