ebay listing of parts complete update kit

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Kind of hard to bid on a crank with unresolved questions anyway.

UpsMan

#12 Post by UpsMan »

I think Pete got it, so the unresolved questions should get resolved.

peterock

#13 Post by peterock »

Yeah, I got it. guess we'll find out. The odd thing is the email came to my sbcglobal.net email and not my hotmail, which is my default contact for ebay. Plus the return email isn't the same as gabby's. I should reply to it and see what they tell me next.

joedirt

#14 Post by joedirt »

Looks like a spoof to me.

peterock

#15 Post by peterock »

Wow, the scam artists are all over this one. Just got this email as well. New kind of scam looks like everyone needs to watch out for. I haven't heard from Gabby himself though.

Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 1:48 PM
To: feldnerpa@yahoo.com
Subject: Question from eBay member for Item (130189815123)

Dear feldnerpa, I'm the owner of the item that you've recently bided on eBay through the eBay system, Item tile: 130189815123 . Please make me an offer and if it sounds good I will provide you all details regarding shippment and payment...If you are still interested in this item and want to buy it please reply to this email: lokres3@googlemail.com Waiting for your answer! IMPORTANT: When you e-mail us please include this message. Thank you!

speed 450mx

#16 Post by speed 450mx »

if it does not say your complete name and it is not in your ebay account then its not real. I have got a couple of spoofs before from ebay. Look in your ebay account and see if you got an email through them.

peterock

#17 Post by peterock »

Well, what do you know. From a different country and just happens to be in town to sell this. smile.gif Can't believe someone would actually fall for this, but they must otherwise they wouldn't try it.

Gabby did send me an invoice through ebay at the end of the auction though.

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.The final price including shipping taxes is 350$.
I must tell you that now I'm in Romania on vacation(my brother is getting married here) but this is not a problem because once the payment is confirmed through an eBay payment method,you will receive the item in maximum 3 days. I`ll provide you 5 days money back guarantee, no questions asked.That means within 5 working days you decide if you don't want to keep the item.
In order to start the process,all you have to do is to send me exactly those info:
First name:
Last name:
Address:
City:
Zip:
Item number:
The deal will be made through eBay,I`ll forward all the details to them and right after that they will contact us with all the instructions to proceed the deal. Shipping and handling will be supported by me since this is a eBay Offer.

Best Regards!

On 1/20/08, Peter Feldner <feldnerpa@yahoo.com> wrote:
How does $350 sound? Please send me payment details. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 1:48 PM
To: feldnerpa@yahoo.com
Subject: Question from eBay member for Item (130189815123)

Dear feldnerpa, I'm the owner of the item that you've recently bided on eBay through the eBay system, Item tile: 130189815123 . Please make me an offer and if it sounds good I will provide you all details regarding shippment and payment...If you are still interested in this item and want to buy it please reply to this email: lokres3@googlemail.com Waiting for your answer! IMPORTANT: When you e-mail us please include this message. Thank you!

ozarkdaler

#18 Post by ozarkdaler »

Nice. I do not believe that has ever happened to me. YET!

peterock

#19 Post by peterock »

Update on this post. I should have got around to the crank sooner. Crank pin is gulled all the way around, Rod is gulled all the way around, and bearing came out in pieces. Definitely wasn't pressed apart by any shop as they wouldn't have been able to put it back together.

ozarkdaler

#20 Post by ozarkdaler »

That sux Pete.