2002 MX Cannondale (pics)

Buddah77

#11 Post by Buddah77 »

No problem. I would consider your quad if I had mine sold. I would then pull the motor and bring it to ATK for all the upgrades. They're only a half hour from me. smile.gif

MXMIKE

#12 Post by MXMIKE »

Its Haydugs now:deal:

Buddah77

#13 Post by Buddah77 »

Cool. That's a nice Dale smile.gif

250rmike

#14 Post by 250rmike »

congrats on the sale why were you selling it anyway? you like the r better?

MXMIKE

#15 Post by MXMIKE »

Well to be honest with my son now racing I didnt have the time or patients for the maintence the cannondales take. I am one to be very particualar and nitpicky with keeping up a quad. I Completely detale, change oils,clean filter check every bolt I can get to and so on. It takes me atleast 3 days after work for me to get all that done on my cannondale. On top of that if it did break down it would take me for ever to tare a 4 stroke down and get it back together properly. My first one sat for a year after it striped a scavenger pump gear and I didnt have the $$$$ to throw out to have it gone thru and rebuilt for it to maybe be alright. Plus there is no place closer than 700miles from me that even have a clue on how to work on these things. I built this second one and after I did I was scared to even ride it in fear of it blowing or someting and be stuck with another broken ride that I cant fix myself sad.gif What else can I say other than I lost confidence in the reliability of them.
Beleve me I have ridden the best races of my life on my 1st Dale. It took me a good year of hard debating to finaly throw in the towel. I have ridden the new YFZ's and I dont like them. I did like the new honda alot better but cant aford to buy one and set it up so I was just going to basicly sell out and give up my riding. But a once in a life time opertunity poped up with this R and I picked it up.

On the R. Its handles like a dream. Felt very neatural and light in the air. I only road it one day and picked up on it fast. I was faster on the dale fore shure. Mainly because getting used to the diferent power band. Its going to be a big learnig curb because I have ridden thumpers all my life. This is about the only bike I would have even considered right now due to I feel I can handle the rebuilds myself and its a completle set up pro calaber chase. I also feel I can cut back my maintence down to 2 days with this one the same as my sons highly modded 50cc 2 stroke. The weekends are booked doing huny do and racing. That gives me atleast one day a week to come home and relax. Ya im getting old,lol

Good luck to all the Cannondale riders. I wish you guys the best of luck and I truly want to thank yall for all the help you guys have givin me. I hope you guys dont mind if I still stop in from time to time and check on yall. I have read the top cdale guru's are in the works of making these things bulit proof. Who knows maybe down the line I will feel confident in them and get another.

haydug

#16 Post by haydug »

hey mike, don't leave the forum, keep us posted on the boy's racing in the mini forum, and let us now how the old man does too!! Just cause you ride a **** we won't hold that against you. LOL

Ryanstones

#17 Post by Ryanstones »

I'm glad the boy is doing so well mike. He's got a good teacher. You wrote some pretty good cannondale race reports here!
You are a whussy for selling your 'dale, But at least you're still riding, so we won't ban you.rolleyes.gif

I wanna hear 'bout lil mikes Victorys!

MXMIKE

#18 Post by MXMIKE »

Thanks guys, and I defantly will keep putting up some race repots from my boy. We have are 1st series race of our mini quad association ( www.dsmqa.com ) that we put together on the 28th of this month. The 2 classes should be action packed and are already growing in #'s fast. All these little guys and girls are awsome. :head: