C'Dale built up motard Street legal

Happyboy

#21 Post by Happyboy »

This is the for sale forum...sell stuff!! i want a bike!!

Happyboy

#22 Post by Happyboy »

Scooter says"

Yes it has the alum. cover and yes he was the guy at C'Dale. "

2000ex

#23 Post by 2000ex »

The bike has a new home wub.gif biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#24 Post by Happyboy »

omg, 2000 did you buy it? lol

2000ex

#25 Post by 2000ex »

I sure did. Again it was no dig on Scooter or the machine, it was just a discussion about what may or may not be wrong with a used machine....good discussion, wrong place for it.

After talking with the owner of the bike and hearing its history it seems to have been dumped a few times hence the scratching and light damage, but has very little hours on it. That leads me to believe that the crank is probably still salvageable which was the root of my concerns. I did not want to spend several thousand dollars on a machine that more than likely has a crank that is junk then have to spend that much more getting it up to par. I would rather buy a $500 - $800 basketcase and rebuild it from scratch myself.

I was looking for a dual sport that was either blown up for short money, or something that had been fully updated. This kind of falls in the middle as it will need a few things updated, but the major components I am gambling on should be able to be saved.

NRath

#26 Post by NRath »

Congrat's! That will certainly be one heck of a ride! I pulled the DRZ out of the garage for a brisk ride to work this morning. Been debating about hitting some dirt during lunch, but here I am in front of the computer.

Seems like I've seen alot of bike plastic around, too. Cleaning it up won't be a problem.

This a decent place for a little bit of that Majestic trails mud!

NRath

#27 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Sep 30 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scooter says"
yes he was the guy at C'Dale. "

I'd love to hear some stories from the factory! I'm sure he could share a ton of insight as to how things went on around there.

2000ex

#28 Post by 2000ex »

I am at Timbos and picked up the bike. He mentioned to me the top end was very loud...Low hours my behind. Motor was junk. Wiped out cams, snapped timing chain guide, cannot believe it did not jump time as Tim said it was the worst timing chain he had ever seen. The timing chain sawed half way through the oil bridge, and ground away half of the upper gear bracket. Crank was also toast...not very happy

cdale55

#29 Post by cdale55 »

That sucks !! .

cannondale27

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh Man!Tim said it didnt sound good.He has a good ear for wierd noises.