2003 cannondale moto mX

bradmxdale

#31 Post by bradmxdale »

QUOTE (moto440 @ Jan 17 2008, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
would you be interested in a trade, pm me your email and i can send pics of the sled if you are

quad no longer for sale or trade.
i changed the battery and spark plug and the quad is running again.
i had the quad up for $3000.00
and everyone wants to nickel and dime and trade worthless crap for the baddest factory production quad made period, and i don't just say that b/c i own a dale.
take any new quad and sit it side by side and match component with component and nothing even comes close except the new KTM.

UpsMan

#32 Post by UpsMan »

You must not have ridden a Suzuki lately.

joedirt

#33 Post by joedirt »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Jan 18 2008, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You must not have ridden a Suzuki lately.

You mean the 413lb Suzuki?

UpsMan

#34 Post by UpsMan »

Moto----$12,500
LTR $7,000 ish, add nerfs and tether and cherry bomb, what, maybe $8,000? Cannondale was way ahead of its time. The japs are just catching up now. But they have caught up. The weight is really not an issue in my book.

joedirt

#35 Post by joedirt »

LTR=$7400.00.
Don't forget beadlocks and Ti pipe.

UpsMan

#36 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (joedirt @ Jan 19 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LTR=$7400.00.
Don't forget beadlocks and Ti pipe.

Don't forget about the hydraulic clutch. I think the moto was amazing. I think the 2008 ATK MX is even better; much better actually. If you want to compare component for component, the Gas Gas quads were loaded and a pretty good value back in 2004 or 2005, but didn't perform very well in my opinion. But, anyway, "baddest factory production quad made period" is a bold statement, and I just don't quite agree. In 2003 it absolutely was true, but times have changed. Just so you know, I love my ATK, even though sometimes it makes me crazy.

MX Quad Dad

#37 Post by MX Quad Dad »

put the ATK MX along side a ltr..... I'll pay the difference and take the ATK

Someone said 413 pounds????? Is that before you gusset the frame???

The Guru's here have made the ATK-DALE's reliable.. What can you do with the Trany problems on the LTR?????? The Zilla's that ran MX here ate tranies also

The Japs are catching up to the 01 technoligy in the ATK-DALE I wouldn't say they are close let alone caught up.

joedirt

#38 Post by joedirt »

I was at the cannondale plant after they went under and to just see how these quads and bikes were made was pretty cool. They were truly handmade in the USA. I don't know of any jap quad built the same way. I would like to know how many hours it took just to weld one together. To get a race ready Moto for 12,500.00 was not a bad deal.

MX Quad Dad

#39 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (joedirt @ Jan 19 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was at the cannondale plant after they went under and to just see how these quads and bikes were made was pretty cool. They were truly handmade in the USA. I don't know of any jap quad built the same way. I would like to know how many hours it took just to weld one together. To get a race ready Moto for 12,500.00 was not a bad deal.

I wish I would have taken the time to tour the plant when I picked up my Moto (bought it from Cernic's, just a short drive to the plant). I guess I just couldn't wait to get it home. I don't know how the KTM's frame is holding up, but I haven't seen any jap quad frames to compare to the Dale's.

I agree that 12,500 was a good deal for the Moto. Even though the salesman at Nac's told me it wasn't worth it. And for "RACE READY" all I had to do was remove the lights to meet all AMA rules for MX.

MX Quad Dad

#40 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (piss on atk @ Jan 23 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if i had to do it again then i would not by a atk they are ripoffs jerks and a pain in the *** refuse to warranty a 12 day old quad well i no everyone else would have maybe thats why the japs are taking over ??

I bought a brand new 1999 Banshee, and was told there is zero warranty. this was a dealer in the city with a small parking lot. They let me run it up and back after I paid for it and said they would cover manufacture defect but after the parking lot ride it would be up to me to prove it was defective. That was unless I wanted to buy an extended warranty.

I know there are some good mechanics in some shops but I couldn't find one I would let work on the Banshee let alone my Dale.