NEED TO SELL/ TRADE heavily modded Blaster

k0rrupt

NEED TO SELL/ TRADE heavily modded Blaster

#1 Post by k0rrupt »

Email me if you want an entire list of what I have on it but a few things include 240 kit by Pro-x, CT Racing ported, 35mm Keihin Air Stryker Carb, Boyseen Carbon Fiber reeds, 250r intake w/ water by pass and K&N w/ Outerwears, black racing plastics, +2 Gibson extended swinger. Most of the work was done by East Coast ATV and the total cost of the project was well over $3000 not counting everything that was on it before the project and since I completed the project at the end of spring this year I only rode it a few times recently. Even with the engine work this is still a reliable fourwheeler. I have receipts for almost everything on it including all maintenance bills and I have the title also. I live in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania. Im looking to get $3000 obo for it or I what I really want is to trade for another quad. Need to get rid of fast since I cant ride until I get rid of it. Email me with any offers and if you need pics.

Exodus

#2 Post by Exodus »

A water bypass? Explain that one a little further, I have seen wet pipes installed, but never anything on the intake side. Or is it a water cooled cylinder?

Cannondale88

#3 Post by Cannondale88 »

250r was water cooler, blaster is not water cooled, but he has 250r intake with water bypass....so no water can be ran and so there is no open hole for a hose(I THINK THIS IS WHAT IT IS)

Exodus

#4 Post by Exodus »

Yeah, I've biult Blasters for a number of years. I just thought maybe he had something out of the ordinary. I have seen some water cooled heads that install on a blaster, in fact I think I have one laying around the shop somewhere. I have seen some drawings of a water cooled cylinder for those motors, but he never biult the thing.

And heres a little history lesson for you. The blaster motor was developed in the 70's, but in the later eighties the motor was redesigned and actually water cooled. It was put in a DT200 dirtbike, those bikes are still biult today in Canada and Australia. The cylinder had a lot of things in common with the blaster motor, but the porting was a lot more aggressive and it was water cooled. Most shops that port that motor, do so with the DT200 dirtbike original design with a few modifications. The oil pump that is on the side of a blaster motor was originally the water pump, thats why the cover looks the way it does, Yamaha never changed the cover, nor did they change the clutch cover. If you notice, they have water hose bungs on the cover. Just a couple of notes on that long lasting little mouse motor.

k0rrupt

#5 Post by k0rrupt »

yea cannondale88 is right about what it is