Quick release bodywork kit

CDALE022002

Quick release bodywork kit

#1 Post by CDALE022002 »

I posted a pic of a new gas cap I found to fit really well, not realizing that another one of my new products was in the pic. Well Cannondale27 inquired so I told him I would put a post up let you guys see the finished product.

I've been working on this off and on for quite some time now and I finally got it to where I'm happy with it. The biggest problem was finding the right grommets so there was absolutely no movement of the bodywork and I nailed that so the rest was trial and error. I wanted some thing very clean and factory looking but it also had to be functional.

Now this kit is for your front plastic only. I have tried to do this with the rear plastic and it will work but it just didn't seem practical, because my main motivation for this was a ride I went on at Speed2424 track where I had a problem and had to remove my front plastic in the field , not fun , you need tools, plus you have screws and tophats to worry about loosing.

With this kit you can have your front plastic off your quad under ten seconds and it looks trick.

What you'll get in the kit is 6 grommets
4 teflon coated steel liters
4 pin clips
4 polished steel posts
4 rivets

The reason for six grommets when you only have four front bodywork holes to fill is that I'm putting two grommets in the tank cover as well. The steel posts had to be cut , threaded , rounded on one end , drilled , and polished , all you have to do is install it and enjoy knowing the next time you want to clean your air filter or check under your hood there's no hassle involved.

Let me know if your interested , there will be detailed instructions do to the fact that some pins are longer than others. They sell for $25.00+$4.00 shipping.. you can send your PAYPAL payment to my450dale@yahoo.com or send a money order to

Scott Taylor
2840 Sussex St S.E.
Warren , OH 44484

CDALE022002

#2 Post by CDALE022002 »

ANOTHER

CDALE022002

#3 Post by CDALE022002 »

PIC 3

quadprorider

#4 Post by quadprorider »

What size do the holes have to be that the pole bolts on to? The reason that I ask is that I am running a 250r conversion kit with plastics and for the front plastics all I use are some custom steel brackets. Right now all I have is the steel stock with a hole drilled through and a bolt and a nut. Paypal address? Thanks, Nick.

speed2424

Re: Quick release bodywork kit

#5 Post by speed2424 »

Originally posted by CDALE022002
because my main motivation for this was a ride I went on at Speed2424 track where I had a problem and had to remove my front plastic in the field , not fun , you need tools, plus you have screws and tophats to worry about loosing.  

Does this picture bring back any BAD memories?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Lol!I think we all have those bad memories!
Thanks cdale02202 im in.This is another one of those things that makes life easier and for the price would not be worth your time to make them yourself.

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

What about those with fenders? How do you get the fender supports undone?

CHAINSAW

#8 Post by CHAINSAW »

Do you have any pics of this kit, of the whole front end? So I can see what it looks like on the machine standing beside it? Thanks.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#9 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

You have PM

CDALE022002

#10 Post by CDALE022002 »

My bad . The kit is intended for race cut plastic that does'nt run the fender braces. Don't shoot me...