Looking to buy a MOTO

jwheat

#11 Post by jwheat »

You need to flush that antifreeze out of that system and replace it with Evans or you need to buy an aluminum valve cover to replace the magnesium one. That's just a problem waiting to happen.:hammer:

MI_CDALE_Rider

#12 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by jwheat
You need to flush that antifreeze out of that system and replace it with Evans or you need to buy an aluminum valve cover to replace the magnesium one. That's just a problem waiting to happen.:hammer:

I take it Evans is clear or a different color than the standard green antifreeze?

Those hoses are cool anyone know where those can be bought?

jwheat

#13 Post by jwheat »

You can buy clear hose at just about any hardware store.

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by jwheat
You can buy clear hose at just about any hardware store.

Trust me not the same. The stuff at a hardware store may not be able to hold temperatures that these machines operate at. I know where he got it and I have been hounding him to get me some and he can't anymore. They use it on Trains. They make another version with Alba, but it is flexy hose. Not as cool looking in my book.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#15 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by Derno24
Trust me not the same.  The stuff at a hardware store may not be able to hold temperatures that these machines operate at.  I know where he got it and I have been hounding him to get me some and he can't anymore.  They use it on Trains.  They make another version with Alba, but it is flexy hose.  Not as cool looking in my book.

Derno,

Is it possible that he can provide the manufacturer of the train hose and we can try hunting them down or?

Anyone know the Hose size for the Dale coolant lines? OD & ID?

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

He isn't sure what it was there. I did some small research and Jwheat is right. You can get similar hose at hardware stores. Be sure to make sure it is rated for the temps.

thunderwolf

#17 Post by thunderwolf »

rockymountainatv.com has clear hose kits in their catalog. You can get blue, green, orange or red dye also. The manufacturer is Woco Engineering.

elkapower

Bought the quad

#18 Post by elkapower »

Wow, what a disappointment. The seller stated it had 40 hours of riding on it and kept up with the maintenance. Brother in law is C&D Racing, Colby.
Then I found out all kinds of problems other than what was disclosed.
Clutches gone, need new set.
Tranny filter is stuck inside the engine, oil was like molasses, metal in it big time.
Engine oil looked like it was changed a year ago, also full of metal.
Had to drive out the engine oil plug, from the bottom, since it was overtourgued.
Shocks were supposedly rebuilt by C&D, leaking oil at the bottom seal, found that today, nice.
Map would not let the engine run, had to remap it, don't know what it was, but it runs nice now.
Oil coming out of exhaust seal area, must be the valve guides are either bad, or the ball check valve is getting stuck, oh, forgot to mention that.
Seat insert broken, oh, forgot that.
Guess I got taken, after giving them cash, and they would not return the phone call, the owner Chancy should at least give a S*%T about a bro-in-laws reputation, guess he was in on it too, he would not return calls either, that is now garbage.
Not even one call returned, by either Colby or Chancy. Nice guys.
Boy, I would think twice about dealing with these guys, this is bull*^$% that I have to payout over 500.00 more to just get me to the point of getting things I did not budget for, say nothing for the updates that were supposedly done, that we not.
Stay away from C&D Racing and their friends, they will take your money and then too bad for trusting them. I have made numerous attempts at giving them a chance to make this right, guess they do not care.
BAD NEWS! :w: :mad: sad.gif

Colby

#19 Post by Colby »

HMMMM won't take your phone calls seems to me you just ordered a steering dampner on Friday.... As for any other issues you are having with the atv it is USED and has been maintained. The clutch works great never had any issued so there was no reason to take it out and check the specs. I stated the shocks have been service I didn't say it was yesterday...besides I am not the owner of the ATV I was just the nice guy that Delivered it. As for mapping I remember you and I discussing that it need remapped for your altitude and temp.. I am sure a map for 2900 ft and 75 degrees works real well at 20 degress and 800ft. Besides some of the stuff you are complaining about you were told in advance and inspected upon deliver and now it becomes a big deal at least you were told. Nice attemp to try a drag me through the mud hoping to get money back for repairs on a USED atv.

:clap:

elkapower

Not an attempt, just the truth

#20 Post by elkapower »

I am not dragging you there, you just needed to make a phone call, that simple. Your bro in law doesn't have the simple decency to return a call.
You bet I want some feel good, I have to pull the motor to get a tranny filter out of an engine that was serviced by you.
Simple, I have to do a bunch of work since you, and Chancy did not make a call, and this would be done. Maybe, he might still do that. Surprise me.

Pull the motor, replace clutch, replace tranny filter, new oil, remove the tranny cratridge, replace plug and washer, and you wouldn't think you got taken.

No, I will not be buying the part from you, I do business with straight up people. You want to fix this, fix it by calling and making restitution.
And about I had time to inspect, out of respect to your wife I let you go to the show, since I was lead to believe all was well. You bet that will never happen again. Again, I trusted, and got burnt. Again.:hammer: