Dealer Cal

whoeveruwantme2

#1 Post by whoeveruwantme2 »

Dealer Cal loaded on a pentium laptop with cable. use it on all your cannondales w/1000 ecu. no need to pay by the quad. asking $550

383astro

#2 Post by 383astro »

could I have a little bit of specs on the laptop?

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

Same question here. Model and type of laptop? Year, hard drive capability/size, etc.

whoeveruwantme2

#4 Post by whoeveruwantme2 »

um i think it is a toshiba tecra, it is running windows 98se pentium processorw/32 mb of ram. kinda old but in exc cond and only has dealercal on it, it runs pretty fast actually, 94% system resources free, not sure what size hdd but will check.

383astro

#5 Post by 383astro »

Is a Dealer cal the same as a D&M or better/worse?

tank72

#6 Post by tank72 »

the dealercal is better you do not have to register the ecu just the program then you just plug it in and talk to the ecu. if you have to reformat the hard drive you will need to know a former cannondale dealer's number to get a new serial code. but there is a way around that as long as you have a valid PC ID and serial that goes with it. if you run a map select the dealer cal does not have the map builder to build the 3 maps together but there is a way around this also. all the tricks are simple but extend the use of dealer cal and you can load the dealer cal on multiple computers and not have to pay extra as long as you have a serial cable if you do the trick with the PC ID.

whoeveruwantme2

#7 Post by whoeveruwantme2 »

QUOTE (tank72 @ Jul 8 2006, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the dealercal is better you do not have to register the ecu just the program then you just plug it in and talk to the ecu. if you have to reformat the hard drive you will need to know a former cannondale dealer's number to get a new serial code. but there is a way around that as long as you have a valid PC ID and serial that goes with it. if you run a map select the dealer cal does not have the map builder to build the 3 maps together but there is a way around this also. all the tricks are simple but extend the use of dealer cal and you can load the dealer cal on multiple computers and not have to pay extra as long as you have a serial cable if you do the trick with the PC ID.

wow i didnt know that, oh yea i also have the disk in original case. WHAT IS THE TRICK W/THE PC ID??

speed2424

#8 Post by speed2424 »

What are you going to do about the authorization code?

whoeveruwantme2

#9 Post by whoeveruwantme2 »

QUOTE (speed2424 @ Jul 8 2006, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you going to do about the authorization code?

you dont need an authorization code you get a laptop w/dealercal loaded on it. it works really well, you get to keep your new laptop out of the garage. unless you load it onto another computer you dont need the code.

tank72

#10 Post by tank72 »

the authorization code is only valid for so long then you need to call or email opt. and get a new one but you can set the computer date back like a year when the code expires. i don't want to say to much about how to make dealer cal more user friendly but i will tell the person that buys the software everything i know about dealer cal.