Rebuilt Decompression Mechanism

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Mechanism has been rebuilt to tighten the play in the wieght assembly. The wieght is powdered metal and the backing plate is billet. $70 shipped . If you need it installed on your camshaft contact me and I can do it for you. The device comes with bucket actuator pin.
John Laska
Witech Engineering
Exoticquads@msn.com
1 715 551 1498
Wausau WI

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Sold

wayneschofield

#3 Post by wayneschofield »

Hi Wistech.

I'm looking at getting some cams (and some 'blanks' for development use), made in EN40B and some buckets to suit. I will be getting some ground with the stock profiles and some with more lift and duration to match the increased flow found at higher lifts with modified heads. In your opinion, what sort of quantities do you think we (the C'dale community) could use? I will be using 'Newman Cams', here in the UK. They have top level motorsport experience so there should be no quality, hardness, tolerance or profile issues that seem to have plagued the cam manufacturers tried thus far.

Do you know what proportion of the motor's need the phase sensor lug on the ex cam, if any?

I'm also doing a redesign of the decomp mech's. They will be quite a redesign from the original to overcome all the problems. The exhaust cam needs re-machining to do the job properly from an engineering perspective. Part of the re-design includes the ability to strip the mech off the cam without having to pull the pins apart. The stock mech, as you are no doubt fully aware, is very poorly designed and it's no wonder they give some trouble.

I'm not looking to make any profit from this, I just want to build my motor from bottom to top and cure, once and for all, all it's issues. I know most of the problems are already covered but when I have given it a thorough inspect there are several things I think need attention and the decomp is definitely one of them.

Cheers

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Thats great. I think we have had good results keeping wear in check on the stock decomps but a better design is certainly needed.
The cam sensor lug is not needed on most engines but I am doing all the cams with the lug for all around compatabilty for those that might need be running the 500ecm. Im not so sure there is a market for stock cams as I believe there is a good quantity of new ones out there to keep us supplied . I would concentrate on profiling for the high performance market. You right about trying to sell anything in Cannondale in quantity as there really are not a lot of us out there. Just a few who want to finish what was started. We should be able to compile some data to help getting profiles for the diffferent engine configuations and the results attained. Welcome to the R@D club.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Jan 13 2007, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Wistech.

I'm looking at getting some cams (and some 'blanks' for development use), made in EN40B and some buckets to suit. I will be getting some ground with the stock profiles and some with more lift and duration to match the increased flow found at higher lifts with modified heads. In your opinion, what sort of quantities do you think we (the C'dale community) could use? I will be using 'Newman Cams', here in the UK. They have top level motorsport experience so there should be no quality, hardness, tolerance or profile issues that seem to have plagued the cam manufacturers tried thus far.

Do you know what proportion of the motor's need the phase sensor lug on the ex cam, if any?

I'm also doing a redesign of the decomp mech's. They will be quite a redesign from the original to overcome all the problems. The exhaust cam needs re-machining to do the job properly from an engineering perspective. Part of the re-design includes the ability to strip the mech off the cam without having to pull the pins apart. The stock mech, as you are no doubt fully aware, is very poorly designed and it's no wonder they give some trouble.

I'm not looking to make any profit from this, I just want to build my motor from bottom to top and cure, once and for all, all it's issues. I know most of the problems are already covered but when I have given it a thorough inspect there are several things I think need attention and the decomp is definitely one of them.

Cheers

Wow this is really exciting.Especially if you can get cam blanks AND a redesigned decomp.There is a possibility that the last batch of cams the factory had came from europe since no blanks exist in USA.I would think Newman has capability of designing a profile that would perform better than stock.Its great to hear of someone else digging in like this.Thank you.

http://www.newman-cams.com/

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

.I dont know if its worth it or not,but i ran across this place http://www.deltacam.com/camshaftgrinding.php Looks as tho a lot of 4 bangers use them..