Perfect Cannondale engine swap!

haydug

#1 Post by haydug »

I have a CR 500 complete engine, wiring, carb. for your cannondale chassis. $650 + shipping. If you want a fast 2-stroke quad, this is your conversion! wacko.gif

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (haydug @ May 17 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a CR 500 complete engine, wiring, carb. for your cannondale chassis. $650 + shipping. If you want a fast 2-stroke quad, this is your conversion! wacko.gif

What year? Also how does it run?I need a new project.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

1991 engine. The motor was completetly gone through a couple of years ago. My guess is it would need rebuilt, if anything for a peice of mind. One nice thing, you can put all new bearings and topend for around $200 at the most. I thought about doing it, but I have to many projects now. I can also include the airbox, so you have the intake boot. My plans were to run the walsh subframe with R style tank, and use as short of an intake as possible. It could be done pretty easil, and would be pretty neat for sure.

Fash00

#4 Post by Fash00 »

Still got this thinking of selling my ported 450 timbo stroker and dropping this in? Ever done one? Aftermarket pipe clear frame?

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

Can I ask you guys why you are going to give up a perfectly good Timbo engine for a two stroke Honda? Just curious, I don't mean to interfere with the sale....

mxracer776

#6 Post by mxracer776 »

me to? mellow.gif

Fash00

#7 Post by Fash00 »

Because its not perfectly running

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

Still got it yes. I'll trade you engines straight up. Then sell your wiring and ecu & pipe. If you do a search on cannodaler, you'll find a cr250 converion dale that looks good. If you take the time to do it right, it would be a killer quad. Light and very fast!

Fash00

#9 Post by Fash00 »

Tried to pm ya but your inbox is full so

Tempting Ill have to think about it so youd trade me the cr500 motor and harness and all that for just my motor? I just got good bit tied up in my motor but dont ahve patience or $$$ to finish it.Psychosis old motor with brand new ASSO pistons,timbo stroker crank,timbo ported head and tb,new timing chain,i dont even remember what else but flywheel is spun and needs a new fuel pump i havent even got to ride this **** thing yet but me and NRATH got it to fire up and heard it run for like 1 minute

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Not to disuade you from CR500 but man Fash you are two hours away from having a perfect Timbo motor.You have a leaky sidecover, waterpump seal,fuelpump and flywheel.That is alot easier to fix than swapping motors.If you really want to ride just get it done.