shipping quads and bikes

gml1998

#1 Post by gml1998 »

I,m not sure if this is the proper place to post this but I thought it was most appropriate here.
I bought a speed this fall from Cobradaler and had it shipped to my house from his place , about 780 miles. It cost 388.00 to ship.
I used uship.com. Basically you go to this site enter info on item to be shipped and beginning and end destinations. Within a few hours I had several bids from various shippers .Once you agree to a bid uship releases your contact info to the shipper then he or she contacts you to figure out details.You pay a 10 percent deposit to uship which I believe is their cut . You can use a credit card or paypal.
When you receive bids you can look at feedback of the bidders(shippers).The feedback system they use is almost identical to Ebays system.
I had bids to ship my Speed that ranged from 388.00 to 500.00
My overall experience was very good.The shipper I chose to use was very pleasant to work with , the quad came on time and he even brought some extra stuff at no additional cost(extra fenders,exhaust,etc).
If anyone has any questions let me know.
I hope this helps. Gary

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

I always wondered how a person would go about shipping a quad or bike. Thanks for the information.

joedirt

#3 Post by joedirt »

I've had a couple of bikes shipped from Ca. to Phila. Pa. which is approx. over 3000 miles by motorcycleshippers.com for $690.00. I think the price might have went up a couple of $$. Did everything online. No crating or draining of fluids. They pick up at sellers door and dropped it off at my door. They have online tracking of shipment. They might not be the cheapest but with no crating and door to door service definitely made up for it.

funmachines

#4 Post by funmachines »

I just had a bike shipped from Vermont to Ca and it cost $550. No crating or special treatment required and it was transported inside a truck. I went through Shippingmasters (on the web). They have mutliple options available. It worked out Ok.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

This is some real good info.Sure beats driving with gas prices.Thanks guys.

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

I made this a sticky as this is a question that always comes up & there is some good information here. Good work guys!

cobradaler

#7 Post by cobradaler »

i cant beleive i just now seen this post, but gary is right the guy that he found was very nice, and came right to the house to pick it up, i have acually delt with him on more than one ocassion now great to work with. again sorry i didnt see this sooner.

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

I have used Uship also, with GREAT success. Shipped it to Pheonix, can't beat hand delivery.

dalenut

#9 Post by dalenut »

uship here too through smoothlarry99. I shipped a bike from dover, Oh to southern ca for $400!

gml1998

#10 Post by gml1998 »

I've had 3 quads shipped to me since October of 07 through U-ship .I've had no troubles at all and very reasonable prices.
And if you aren't in a hurry you can get even better quotes.I had one quad that came about 850 miles and paid 288.00