Used hydro case crank w/balance shaft

J. Delaney

#1 Post by J. Delaney »

The rod bearing feels good, but will need to be updated. This crank was removed due to a Timbo stroker crank being available. About 40 hrs on it. $200obo shipped.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

I will offer $20 core value for it plus shipping and pay $180 plus shipping if it is pressed apart correctly and shows no wear on rod or pin. $100 if the rod is junk but pin is reusable. I can press it apart without damaging it if you want. Just dont want to pay big bucks for a boat anchor.

J. Delaney

#3 Post by J. Delaney »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 16 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will offer $20 core value for it plus shipping and pay $180 plus shipping if it is pressed apart correctly and shows no wear on rod or pin. $100 if the rod is junk but pin is reusable. I can press it apart without damaging it if you want. Just dont want to pay big bucks for a boat anchor.

It's yours. Send me your shipping address.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

You have a pm . Hopefully its still good to go.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

I pressed the crank apart. I see it was unfortunatly an ATK balanced crank. The crank pin has a groove in it but is still salvageble. The rod on the other hand is shot. The ATK ripsaw bearing took out rod . Step wear was .0025" about .002" to much. This is the first ATK bearing Ive seen with no coating whatsoever on it. Most of them had a white cage.
PM me your paypal and I will throw you some cash.

Smitty911

#6 Post by Smitty911 »

I have a crank sitting in the garage, would you like me to send it to you also????? It has some rust on it, unknown condition. I believe it was '02 and balanced.

Let me know, I'm cleaning my garage.

Smitty

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Smitty911 @ Mar 25 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a crank sitting in the garage, would you like me to send it to you also????? It has some rust on it, unknown condition. I believe it was '02 and balanced.

Let me know, I'm cleaning my garage.

Smitty

If the hole in the counterweight is welded up it has the generic ATK job.
I will have to examine it to make an offer on it . I will cover shipping as well.
You never know what you might find . Maybe some cash for yourself.

Ship
to
John Laska
730 south 17th ave
wausau wi 54401

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Wistech.Cannondale also welded up the hole like that.I would say the one you have pictured is a Cannondale weld job since it is below the surface.Many of the ATK cranks had so much weld the weld hit the piston.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Mar 26 2008, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wistech.Cannondale also welded up the hole like that.I would say the one you have pictured is a Cannondale weld job since it is below the surface.Many of the ATK cranks had so much weld the weld hit the piston.

Thats the first Ive seen. It does look like a much smaller cleaner weld . It wouldnt smack the piston like the atk ones do. That would also explain the bearing. With no coating at all I could see how it would make the later cranks fail very early. So then the welding wasnt ATK's idea? Whats the story behind this? Were they actually dynamically balanced or was this the best guess method?