250R Kit

Psychosis

#1 Post by Psychosis »

Haydug kit from a few years back. Roughly 2.5 gallon tank. The kit works extremely well and feels like a completely different quad. Hasn't been used since 06. Tank needs repaired but would be very quick and easy if you can get access to a welder or want to use some metal filler. Ask for more details. If you email me I can sometimes access on phone and respond faster. Can't get on 'Riders on phone b/c of Java.

Subframe is perfect and straight with a 250R wide grab bar. Has mounts for a flag and a light or number plate. Really lowers the ride height and makes riding tracks a whole world better. You don't realize how nice it is till you really ride it fast and hard. A must on the track. I paid $550 for the kit years back and then hundreds more for the plastic and seat.

I'll sell the kit for $400 shipped obo and if anyone wants the plastics we can arrange something. The plastics aren't in prime shape but have plenty of life left. The seat has all the foam but has a couple tears and needs to be recovered as well but VERY plush riding. I'll sell the combo for $500 plus shipping.

The plastic is smaller though so could probably ship it fairly cheap.

Located in Phoenix, AZ. fallen771@hotmail.com and no phone at the moment. Will post pictures next time I get on, hopefully in a few days.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Can you post up a pic of the tank? I just want to see what needs to be repaired? Duct tape work? smile.gif

Brad77

#3 Post by Brad77 »

I would like to see some pics of this also. If happyboy doesn't buy I may be interested in this.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

knock knock??

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

I have trouble getting to a computer as said. I've got a camera right now but won't be home till tomorrow to try and get some pics. What's wrong is this: It doesn't leak or anything, subframe is fine, etc. What happened was that the threads that the front of the tank screw into stripped out. We retapped them and they eventually stripped again. The tank needs more support somewhere that we found acceptable with a thick tie strap. I actually used the tank for about half a season just holding it on with that and two bolts stuck into the stripped holes for support. Worked fine but nothing perfect.

Will try to get on within the next couple days to post pics.

Brad77

#6 Post by Brad77 »

Ah ok,
So that is the only thing wrong with it? Your talking about the threaded mounting holes where the tank bolts to the frame. Is this tank like the Walsh where it only bolts up to the top mounts on the frame? How are the fuel fittings in this tank? Does it come with those?
Look forward to seeing pics and I am sure happyboy is too.

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

It only mounts up at the top and you are correct on the problem. I thought of using an aluminum metal filler and then retapping but it worked the way I had it for awhile until I stopped using it and never got around to fixing it. It's also not a small tank. Holds around 2.5 gallons. It has a lower fitting to the fuel filter on the back lower part and the return line is up front on the right side. Those, the quick connects which are better than stock ones by far, and bigger too, as well as the upgraded fuel hose to use it will be included.

Basically it'll have everything you need to go minus the tank repair. It's got a few small dings in it from when it came loose a few times and we put JB weld around them but we never had a leak. Just for good measure.

The plastics like I said are a little beat but you can always get your own. Going home in a few hours and will get some pics of it. Might be a day or two before I can get back to a computer though.

Psychosis

#8 Post by Psychosis »

Here's a couple pics though not the greatest and a little dirty in the pics. No time to clean off and whatnot. You can see the tank/subframe and the style from it there. And I also included one with the example of the hole that's stripped. The other side is pretty similar to it. It's just too big to retap as is b/c the holes on the frame aren't big enough for a hole that big. Anyone who can fix that can have a nice setup a little cheaper than it used to go for.

EDIT: You can also use an Ohlins piggyback shock w/out problems with this kit just to let you know.

Brad77

#9 Post by Brad77 »

Questions about the subframe,
Is that a crack that is just to the left of the rear seat bushing? Also what is that on the left top rail of the subframe about halfway and why doesn't the other side have it?

Psychosis

#10 Post by Psychosis »

There isnt a crack on the subframe. I can try and get some closer pictures soon hopefully. I forgot about the missing piece though. That piece that's not on the other side was a support for the plastics that keeps it from rubbing the actual subframe. It broke off and I completely forgot until i got it out of storage. I rode almost a year without it without problems but wouldnt be hard to weld a piece on there if needbe. The black stuff on the front and a few places btw is also a rubber compound with double sided tape on the bottom. Can be removed but we used it to keep vibration down. No real reason to use it but I always have on my subframes.