SS Plated Flywheel and Puller

ABM-CANNIBAL

#1 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

*Price Reducted to $110.00 Shipped.*

I have for sale a Stainless Steel Plated Flywheel that I got from Canniboomer. It is supposed to be the fix to spinning flywheels. It was only put on my quad for 5 minutes. It will also come with a flywheel puller and a used flywheel that was pinned but has a crack on one of the pins.

I paid $170 for the SS Plated Flywheel and puller with shipping but will let everything go for $135 shipped. They are boxed and ready to ship.

Joshua Gallegos
505-720-3747

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

...actually Josh, some small correction is needed....I had sold that to you by itself for $145, and for R&D purposes, and have only sold them when specifically asked for -- they are not advertised yet.
You might have bought the puller at another time, and maybe double-added some shipping cost.

In any case, I am not on the market with these yet. But I'm very pleased at how the drilling has held up, and has resisted any tendency to weaken the flywheel, for any cracking at the rivets. The first version went to cdsracer, and the rivets on that one eventually failed, after the flywheel racked back-forth for a long time as it loosened. The unit had plenty of chance to explode, but held up intact, ...but finally sheared all the rivets which caused other damage. That told us that stronger fastening should be the answer. Your unit has the strongest pop rivets available, but we still had one of those recently that actually popped a rivet-head that lodged against the stator -- then it actually sheared the entire center weld! -- without any cracking from the rivets. So now, I will investigate commercial solid riveting instead, and bolstered center welding. If the new riveting holds, or if alternate inside-out fastening holds (maybe flushbolts and weldnut ends at the face, or commercial lockbolts) we should finally have a winner.

Anyway, the above unit(s) should still be considered as R&D to any new user, and may hold up,...or not. The recent incident was on a Timbo monster that had been destroying all flywheels very quickly. It had lasted quite a while by comparison, yet still failed. But,.... we are certainly getting closer. New units will also need to be re-balanced.

But since the "cat's-out-of-the-bag" LOL, and this is posted for all now, I should also show the dual-purpose of the venting holes (besides cooling). Here is a picture of my mated Flywheel Holder Tool, which is also very handy for use on the Countershaft sprocket. Motion Pro retail is like $32,.....but I have them for a special deal of $23. It's a great tool, with or without the eventual new Flywheel version.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#3 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I paid $145 + $7 and $13 + $5 for a total price of $170. Even with shipping one time it would save someone $30. Sorry that I couldn't R&D it for you Dave but my motor dropped a valve 5 minutes after I got it running.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep it's a good deal, and I should also mention that we have another 4 of that version running out here now, and with no issues detected so far.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#5 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

*Price Reduced to $110.00 shipped*

ABM-CANNIBAL

#6 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Still for Sale.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#7 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

*SOLD*

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

So Canniboomer, whats the latest?

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

A total of 12 units have been out there for more than a year,.....and as described above. Out of those units, 3 have failed by now and one had started to develop a hairline crack at the center weld -- so overall, the results are not good enough yet. Failure has been at the center weld, or from a blown rivet head. The one with the partial stress-crack came off of claas900's machine, after he noticed it during a pre-ride inspection. Actually, that one is already "spun" underneath, as evidenced by the slightly side-tweaked rivets -- so it's just being held together by the 8 rivets and the remaining weld.... he yanked it off before it could spit a rivet head and possibly damage the stator. For the most part, the plated flywheels have gone to guys that have had the most trouble with spinning them.

Going forward, three key improvements are planned:

1. Inside-out bolting or Lock-bolting for substantially increased strength of the 8 fasteners.
2. Bolstered center welding -- the strength of the center welding can be just about doubled from the current version.
3. Re-Balancing, which has not been done to the plated version yet.

I should have about 8 units in an upcoming batch, and with availability about November.
I also have new stock flywheels, and new true-Balanced stock flywheels.
Call or email for pricing, thanks.