2003 Cannondale Glamis for sale

desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

Well I can't figure out the noise in the motor so I'm gonna throw in the towel. I haven't even been able to run a full tank of fuel through it and I'm just done. The motor runs but makes a wierd noise when it is moving. It hasn't lost any power. Kinda like a knock but from the tranny. It goes away in 3rd and 4th gear. I have tore it down twice now and can't find anything wrong. That is the only problem with the machine.

2003 Cannondale Glamis #7 Titled and registered in Ca through June of 2010. I have the pinkslip in hand

Motor:

Stock crank inspected and gone through by crankworks in AZ
Timbo ported head
R/D valvesprings same tension/length as stock but built by them.
R/D Ferrea Ti valves,retainers and keepers
R/D Ti valve seats
Machined bucket bores
New exhaust cam with updated billet decompression
New buckets
Custom matched 14.5-1 cp 97mm piston and sleeve
Wistec Bored Throttlebody
Boomer intake
Harley injectors
Boomers blue bolt kit
Metal oil pump gears
Power commander

I replaced every bearing and seal in the motor when I rebuilt it a little over a month ago, including the one way bearing. Like I said, I haven't even gotten to put a full tank of fuel through it. sad.gif

It has all the Stock glamis goodies on it plus:

Moto Axle
Custom built "Roll Design" A arms
Glamis ohlins
Steering stabilizer
Newly repacked and refreshed HMF Exhaust
X-factor nerfs
Boomer fuel tank and line update
Motormount update
Aluminum impreller with the correct washer
Aluminum valvecover
Brand new battery
Stainless bolt kit for all of motor and fenders

I also have bottles, lines and billet mounts to turn the glamis ohlins into piggyback, compression adjustable ohlins.

Lots more I'm forgetting. This bike has loads of power, I just don't have the patience for it anymore. I'm getting ready to go work out of town for 2 years so I won't be able to ride much anyways. All the stock parts I have will also come with it including a stock asso piston and sleeve and all the gaskets/seals I have. The only thing I'm keeping is the wheels and tires in the pics. It will come with stock honda wheels and I think I have some rear sand shark paddles I'll throw in if I still have them.

I absolutely will not part this out. These are the rarest of the cannondales out there.

It will be available for local pickup, or I will deliver within a reasonable distance. I will ship if the buyer handles and pays for that.

$2,000

Here are some pics.

[attachment=7854:glamissand.jpg]

[attachment=7855:glami2.jpg]

[attachment=7856:mottor4.jpg]

[attachment=7857:ressie2.jpg]

[attachment=7858:tday8.jpg]

[attachment=7859:motor1.jpg]

[attachment=7860:dale.jpg]

Brandon Lounsbury
San Diego, Ca
loons72@hotmail.com
619-244-5937

Speed 1B

#2 Post by Speed 1B »

Dibs on resis and lines

Crazie

#3 Post by Crazie »

Good luck with the sale Brandon!

If I manage to gather up the cash before it's gone, I'll gladly take it off your hands!

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

That really is a nice bike,sad to see you give up on it. I'm in Hanford is there anyone closer to you that might be able to lend you a hand? Might be something simple you never know. My wife has #6 I was just telling her for what you have in this bike and what your selling it for we couldn't do hers up near as nice for 2k.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow! Really bummed you are giving up but someone is going to get a heck of a deal here. For more info on the motor look at the Ti Valve post I made. The head is the famous Ti Valve head which I was trying to get 60hp out of with stock stroke 450cc. It was very close. Whoever gets this should know that there is OVER $2000 invested in the head alone with this being the third version of Porting Mark and Timbo have tried. I hope whoever gets this quad continues on the quest for 60hp out of this. Like with Desertbound I will offer any help I can give to accomplish that goal to new owner. Just be prepared to work a bit for it. Good Luck on sale Desertbound and stay in touch. I wish I would have met you in person at Glamis.

desertbound

#6 Post by desertbound »

Thanks guys. I'd love to keep going on this but I just don't have the time or patience anymore. Hopefully someone on here can snag it up and get the bugs worked out. I'm losing a lot of money, but the motor is worth more than I'm asking.

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

Was it knocking when it was sitting still idling and revving?

desertbound

#8 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (NRath @ Jan 5 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was it knocking when it was sitting still idling and revving?

No it does not. Everyone seems to think it's the chain. I have adjusted it every way possible and it still makes noise. So who knows, maybe it's just the chain and someone gets a smokin deal.

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

If that's the case, I'd agree with someone else's post about it being the stainless steel guard around the rear master cylinder rubbing the side of the chain. It's happened to me more than once.

Hate to see you ditch it after all the work you've put into it.

rayspeed

#10 Post by rayspeed »

I understand your frustration to some degree but hate to see you loose so much time, effort and money. Have you checked to see if it is still makin metal on the trans side?
If I was not at my quad limit allready I would snap it up but would feel guilty about it!
If it was me I would just ride it like a rented mule... if there is a problem in there it will eventually become obvious.