Misc A-arms cannondale + others

Happyboy

#1 Post by Happyboy »

I wish I knew more about these arms but I really just don't know much at all. I bought them site unseen and had hopes of using them. But, they are just taking up too much room.

Prices below do not include shipping.

The first pic is a almost ready to go set and they should fit a cannondale with the heims lining up exact spacing for the dale. They are fully adjustable due to the heims so thats a big plus. They need the bolt spacers which ASR sells along with 4 more frame side heims. The ball joints are all ASR big joints. They do not have the shims needed to mount to the cannondale spindle so you will need that as well. The uppers are a wrinkle powder and the lowers are raw needing cross supports and shock mounts welded on. The welds look great on these so who ever did them was a professional. I am thinking these were a prototype of some sort or a shop was just getting rid of their spares. They actually look very much like a set of ASR arms, I wonder if they are actually theirs. Just to be clear, they appear to fit a dale no problem, they need some parts, and they need the shock mounts as well. The shock mounts really are not a problem to get made and installed.

$100 for the set including ball joints and pins

[attachment=9296:DCAM0071.JPG]

These are for a quadzilla. The ball joints I have will fit.
[attachment=9298:DCAM0073.JPG]

And for the best of the bunch. A who gaggle of ball joints. I used these exact joints when I had my arms modified. These are the beefiest joints i have ever seen. Like I said before, they are $30+ each. I'll sell em for $15 each including the pin. You will need to get the shims though which is only a few bucks.
[attachment=9300:DCAM0075.JPG]

faded racing

#2 Post by faded racing »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Nov 9 2009, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish I knew more about these arms but I really just don't know much at all. I bought them site unseen and had hopes of using them. But, they are just taking up too much room.

Prices below do not include shipping.

The first set do fit a cannondale with the heims lining up exact spacing for the dale. They are fully adjustable due to the heims so thats a big plus. The frame mounts are not the 10mm like our bolts so you will need to get spacers to go down to 10mm or get different heims. There are only the 2 frame mounts anyway so it will probobly be cheaper to just get 4 of the right size ones. The ball joints are all ASR big joints. They do not have the shims needed to mount to the cannondale spindle so you will need that as well. The bottoms are a wrinkle powder and the tops are raw. But they are missing the shock mounts. LOL, no idea. So someone will just need to get some cross bars welded in and braces. Not a huge task and can even be LT depending on where you put the mounts. The welds look great on these so who ever did them was a professional. I am thinking these were a prototype of some sort or a shop was just getting rid of their spares.

I have not had them mounted but they do look like they will fit a dale once all the right parts are in hand.

$50+shipping including the ball joints. The ball joints alone are $30+ each.

[attachment=9296:DCAM0071.JPG]

The following arms go to who knows what. Maybe someone will know and speak up. I'll sell them as seen for $25 a pair, unless I can find out what they go to then they may go up. wink.gif

[attachment=9297:DCAM0072.JPG]
[attachment=9298:DCAM0073.JPG]

This one I have no freaking idea so if someone wants them just pay for shipping.
[attachment=9299:DCAM0074.JPG]

And for the best of the bunch. A who gaggle of ball joints. I used these exact joints when I had my arms modified. These are the beefiest joints i have ever seen. Like I said before, they are $30+ each. I'll sell em for $15 each including the pin. You will need to get the shims though which is only a few bucks.
[attachment=9300:DCAM0075.JPG]

the set that have the long tube on the upper arms look like quadzilla aarms

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

LOL, the first set isn't a set. Why in the world I didn't notice it before is beyond me. They are both uppers. smile.gif Yeah, I totally missed that.

And yep, the 3rd set look just like a set of quadzilla arms. Anyone have a quadzilla out there?

canniballz

#4 Post by canniballz »

So, do you have a set for a dale? Or no? And if you do, How much for the arms, joints and shipping (est.) Thanks.

claas900

#5 Post by claas900 »

I'm sure the first set are ASR brand. Heims on all mounting points

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

I updated the first post. $100 for the cdale arms that do need some parts and the shock mounts but that includes all the ball joins and such i have for them. There is over $100 in just the ball joints and they are all brand new. These are a set of arms after looking more closely at some of the others i had.

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

What is the length on these? +2, +3? Also what is the thread size on the balljoints?

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Not sure but i'll find out tomorrow for yah.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

The ball joints are the 3/4 x 16 thread. The ones on the bottom of the page.

http://www.americanstarracing.com/HeimJoints.html

The arms appear to be +3 maybe +3+1 depending on the heim mounting. But wow, with a few turns of the joints on both ends they went to +4 fast. The would be awesome for a dunes setup where you can go as wide as you want.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Got the quadzilla arms and a few ball joints left.