FMF titanium exhausts for sale thread.

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Since I have so many of these I figured Id get them in their own thread.

HEADPIPE SOLD
First up is a rare piece.
This is and original FMF ti header and muffler from a MOTO. It has a funny story with it. The original owner removed it when he got his moto 8 years ago and replaced it for several other systems cuzz aftermarket exhausts are better right? LOL This system has maybe a months worth of riding before it was shelved. The headpipe is near perfect with just a bit of wear from the springs which have been tigged up. The muffler still has the end cap and spark screen in it. It has some rub marks from crappy original FMF hangers but no dents from hitting the caliper. The only thing I can see flawed with it is he must have dropped it or something was sitting on it when it was in storage. There are 2 dings on one side that are just cosmetic .I was thinking of disasembling the muffler and gently pressing the ding out but its in to good of shape to mess with. If you wanted you could rotate that side in so it cant be seen. I would hope someone who buys this is looking for a true original MOTO/BLAZE system for maybe a show quad or one thats not going to see the beat. Good original cans are rare.
This baby is $400 plus shipping which is a steal as we know all aftermarket systems which cost several hundred more ,are heavier and cant match the performance of these factory gems.

John Laska
1 715 551 1498
Wausau WI 54403

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

SOLD Item number 2 is just the headpipe. The tubes are perfect and never been damaged. The welds have been ground down so it is ready to go for a ported head as well. I did repair the old style bracket for the frame mount and made it an "A" frame style with heavier gauge titanium. A little history- this is off my first Moto which Guy Sutton ran to become the first Cannondale to finish the 12 hours of America. I've run this headpipe without the center bracket all these years without damage due to the heavy duty band clamp which bolted the muffler solidly to the quad. I built a set of duals for it now so last night I repaired the bracket and here it is for one of you. $175 plus shipping.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

I do have new D&D slip ons that would work on the TI pipe. They would have to be cut down a few inches because they are a bit longer than the stock TI cans. Being a street bike steel and chrome cans they are much stronger and heavier than the ti mufflers. I do like the mounting bracket as it tightens up on the muffler with a sinch clamp so it wont crush the can. It also has a stainless band clamp on the inlet . I bought them a little longer length because everybody wants them cut down to different lenghts. I got a deal on them because I bought so many otherwise they are well over $300 each . I would go $180 each for the mufflers.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

This one is sold

Item number 3 is a 10 inch race muffler. 10 inches consistantly give the best numbers on the dyno. The can was dented so I replaced the entire outer housing and repacked it. The front of the can is a little narrower at the front with a tapered cone. It was originally made for a dirtbike for clearance issues.
$150 plus shipping

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Here is the universal replacement can for the factory 4 muffler. This one was used last winter on a set of duals. Full stock length. Cosmetic rub marks from a loose hanger and the inside FMF decal is missing. No dents. Freshly packed with new FMF packing. Ready to bolt on. $160 plus shipping.
I might still be able to get these new for about $210 but rumors are they discontinued this part number.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Here are 2 end caps. Both are made for the FMF spark arrestor screen. The one on the left is a stock Moto/Blaze cap $25 plus shipping
The one on the right is one of three ever made Witech engineering billet caps. Its way beefier and will never shatter upon impact like the FMF cap. $40 plus shipping

cdalerider92

#7 Post by cdalerider92 »

Will the 10 inch race muffler fit on the stock header?

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (cdalerider92 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will the 10 inch race muffler fit on the stock header?

You would have to make an adapter to use any FMF can on a toaster or early fx400 headpipe. The toaster headpipe also has a crappy y junction and the outlet is smaller than the fmf . To go through that kind of effort you mind as well just get the TI headpipe.

SlOoT

#9 Post by SlOoT »

Just a question, what is a brand new full FMF ti exhaust line worth?

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Apr 16 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a question, what is a brand new full FMF ti exhaust line worth?

Retail in the cannondale price book was $535 for the headpipe and $294 for the silencer.

And headpipe number 2 is sold and shipped
Thanks