Built Race CDale: Part It?

who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

After countless hours on the phone, a LOT of money, and a year of trying to find someone to pay to fix this thing, I'm done. Need this thing gone. Bought a boatload of parts, a race quad, and spare Cannibal chassis last summer as a 90% complete chassis. Tried to finish but it just won't start. Either no spark, no fuel, etc. Changes and makes no sense. Have replaced every electrical piece, injectors, stators, regulators, flywheels, etc, and nothing. So it's for sale or possible part.

I will sell the entire quad, Cannibal chassis, and boxes of spare parts including almost enough to build another engine as a package deal.
For full details, visit C'Daler forums in the for sale section.

No detail was spared on the racer. Long travel suspension with Fox shocks, Ohlins ZPS rear, Moto axle, the usual race parts like nerfs, bars, hand guards, Hiper rims with MX tires, built 450cc engine with pod style filter, 450 piston, balaced OEM Z400 crank, new valves and bucket work, full porting, full exhaust, etc. Way too much to list. Also all new chain, sprockets, axle bearings, etc.

It has never been ridden since the build and over 90% of the quad is brand new. Engine has never been started either. Title in hand as well. Last time it was ridden was 05 I was told. I can never seem to upload photos to these sites. Leave an email and I'll mail you some!

This thing is no joke. Built to race and dominate by previous owner. I'm just sick of it no running and not being able to fix, so switching brands. Not sure what to ask on price. The rims and front suspension alone new is worth over $3000 but natural, the market sucks. Make me a realistic offer! Need it gone!

If no one's interested in the package as a whole then I'll sell the roller for $600 and start selling parts off that I have as spares.
Will also part the main quad if someone's interested. Would need the engine gone first however. Value of fully built, never ran 450 engine?
Located in southern Cali. Will drive to meet aways. Any part can be picked up as well if local.

Gibson265R

#2 Post by Gibson265R »

pics???

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

Where are you out of? I'm in Hanford just south of Fresno about 45min.

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Currently located in San Marcos, CA. Pics are not ever seeming to upload on these sites. Leave a email and I'll do that or can text them to you with a phone number. I have to take them with my phone and then send to email anyway. Picking up new quad on 19th and would rather pay it off than get a loan, so help me out guys.

m_mcgranahan

#5 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

If you want to try to make one last attempt to get it going, I had a similar problem with a Dale and it turned out that the previous owner had mixed up the crank sensor wire and the temp sensor wire. You might try making sure those two are on the right sensor.

Hope this helps.

God bless...

Mark

1ORMOTO

#6 Post by 1ORMOTO »

Who rebuilt the engine? What is your price?

cannondalemaine

#7 Post by cannondalemaine »

Yea i would also like to know who built the engine. Sounds like you have everything there and it should run. Also did you get all receipts for all engine work done? and also has it been dyno tuned with correct map adjustments? There has only been one engine that never worked for me after being rebuilt and it ended up being a bad hex code in the ecu

who_gives_a6

#8 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Previous owner said it was built by I think a Cory or Cordy or someone with a name like that at Blackwidow ATV. When I bought it the engine was out. I took the sidecover off and basically did inspection and timing check per some of the guys at C'Daler. Piston looked brand new and obiously never used. Valves had no carbon, and you could see obvious cleanup work on the head. He showed me another head that was stock and damaged beyond use that was not ported; big difference. Was told a CP piston and cylinder kit was in it. I did notice the bottom/sides of piston had a nice black coating on it from manufacturing, if that means anything.

If somebody wants to meet in person we can for sure take side cover off and whatnot and take a look. I'm gonna contact previous owner and see if he has a receipt or anything, but not counting on that.

Engine has never ran. Only backfired a few times and made small hicups. It was returned after build and kept in box for about a year before I got it. I put it in the frame and it's sat there about another year since. I have not been able to use a D&M kit on it and I've tried for a year to hookup with someone to do so with no luck. I'm just done and want a quad that I can take to dealer for major issues, not spend months praying for someone to come help.

I'd like $2000obo for engine.

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

Tho I dont need another Cdale. I'd be more then willing to look at it if your willing to make the drive.

who_gives_a6

#10 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Thanks, but if I can just get some offers on major parts, Ill be parting it. Sick of it and have another quad on the way. I really wouldn't doub it if the hex code is part of it, but I'm done.

I'll sell for $2500 FIRM altogether for race quad minus the front shocks and with ITP wheels/tires instead of Hipers.

$600 for complete Cannibal minus engine and exhaust.

Have tons of parts I may be listing soon too.

May hit Ebay. Not sure yet.