03 Moto

raremoto440

#1 Post by raremoto440 »

Well the back is getting worse and I hate to do it but, I thinck I will part with the Moto. Here is what I have, 2003 Moto #66. Has less than 40 original hours on it. Does not have any of the updates, but runs like new. It is cherry, and in need of a good home. It is missing the ohlins damper, and the moto seat, was like that when I got it. This thing has the head lights and the deletes, the tail light and the number plates. Still has the stock front tires, the rears are seddona. The only flaw is when it sits it is getting oil in the cylender, Champion Motor Sports says it is the check ball in the oil pump. I do not ride it much so It sits alot, and every time I get it out I have to pit a new plug in it and pump oil out of the top. I have all the up dates for it just have not done it because I hate to tear down a great bike. I have a ton of parts for this, boxes of parts. I have full black plastic and two or three sets of red, plus more gray. In the pics It has a set of red race cut that I put on for a practice day at the track with my boy. That was Memorial Day and the last time I rode it. The original plastic is on it now but with the yellow and black seat, closer to the moto seat than the cannibal. I also have the gas tank that I posted mounths ago, with the fuel pump in the tank. This is a true Moto, I have the certificte of origin, the dealer check list, the owners manual,tags that hung on the bars at dealer, and the dealer shop manual. I also have the GP Control program and the NACS disks.I might be at the fall ride this year if any one is interested, I live 15 minutes away from Majestic Trails. I would like to get $ 3,500 for every thing I have.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

If you live 15 minutes from Majestic and you still have it by that date, you would be foolish not to come! I would also put the bike back as close as possible to stock look for maximum value. I can verify the frame and motor numbers as original Moto as well. You may want to put some of your parts up for sale if you can't sell the bike that weekend as well. All of us usually do a little horse trading while we are there in between rides. I hope to see you there! I would love to see the bike!

raremoto440

#3 Post by raremoto440 »

It is back to stock look now, that was the only pic I had for now. I am planning on going to the Fall Ride. I will have to take the truck and the motor home to get all the parts I have up there. I hope to see and meet all you cannondalers, it has been fun reading all I have on this site. Here are pics of the black plastic. It was dirty from sitting over the winter.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Did you mod those heal guards to fit on the Moto nerfs? They look cool!

raremoto440

#5 Post by raremoto440 »

Yes I got them with one of the cannibals I purchesed for parts. I landed of a jump one day and my heal pushed on the back of the OEM guards and broke the bottom of the fender off. As it turned out the parts quad came with a good set of gray rears to replace them thow. I still have the OEM guards, but I think these look cool. I am not sure what they are for but went on easy. I had the moto running today and it still is a amazing quad, I love to here her perrr, but hate to see it just sit. I know this is a true moto I have the papers for it that match the frame and the motor, its the real deal. I might go 3,000 for it, let me know if anyone is interested.

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Free bump for your birthday!

raremoto440

#7 Post by raremoto440 »

Thanks, been a good day, even thow Iam now 35. Went to Majestic yesterday and my fourteen year old keeped up all day , and we were moving pretty good. Now Iam sore, either hes is getting faster or I am getting old.

TexasBansheeMan

#8 Post by TexasBansheeMan »

Any chance in getting it shipped to houston?

raremoto440

#9 Post by raremoto440 »

I think I can, need a zip code to get you a shipping quote.

TexasBansheeMan

#10 Post by TexasBansheeMan »

QUOTE (raremoto440 @ Sep 10 2010, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I can, need a zip code to get you a shipping quote.

77355 thank you.