TCS converted rear Ohlins

c41xracer

#11 Post by c41xracer »

Just some info for ya, this shock was on one of haydugs quads

Bill X_R

#12 Post by Bill X_R »

SOLD! - cant wait to get it on my bike. Funny how things work out - posted a thread about getting bucked, and all the reply said I need a new rear shock. Then I happen to come across this great find - or so I'm told. Like I said, cant wait to try and air it out!

Bill X_R

#13 Post by Bill X_R »

Thanks M_mcgranahan!

Got the shock today - looks to be in great shape.

Bill X_R

#14 Post by Bill X_R »

QUOTE (Bill X_R @ May 25 2011, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks M_mcgranahan!

Got the shock today - looks to be in great shape.

Ummm - How come the eye on the bottom of the shock is smaller than the mounting holes - eg, its so small the bottom mounting bolt wont go through the hole (shock) on the swing arm mount. sad.gif sad.gif

Haz-Matt

#15 Post by Haz-Matt »

You must have a '03 swing arm with fox shock. Drill the hole out in bottom of shock to same size as bolt. Or you can make sleeve's (2) and put into swing arm and use a smaller bolt as the '02 arm. Up to you.

polyesterpig

#16 Post by polyesterpig »

I think Canniboomer has the larger size bushing in stock for this shock.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes he does.Good idea to convert all since the small bolts will snap.

MX Quad Dad

#18 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 27 2011, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes he does.Good idea to convert all since the small bolts will snap.

Doubble that thought.

They drill easy, At least the olin's did

when reassembling our MOTO after the first season. I had torqued that bolt (the stock smaller one) and hours latter there was a "POP" and I had thought it was something else. when I went back to do some more work on it, my eye caught that the bolt wasn't thru the swingarm. thinking "MAN I THOUGHT I TORQUED THAT" i took a closer look to see the bolt broke with the quad just sitting there on the stand

Bill X_R

#19 Post by Bill X_R »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ May 28 2011, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doubble that thought.

They drill easy, At least the olin's did

when reassembling our MOTO after the first season. I had torqued that bolt (the stock smaller one) and hours latter there was a "POP" and I had thought it was something else. when I went back to do some more work on it, my eye caught that the bolt wasn't thru the swingarm. thinking "MAN I THOUGHT I TORQUED THAT" i took a closer look to see the bolt broke with the quad just sitting there on the stand

Thanks for the info - was worried I wound up with a 400ex shock or the like. I'll go the drilling way out, it's a metric bolt - so go one size over with an SAE bit and thats it?

who_gives_a6

#20 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I have one of these same shocks. I haven't ridden on it yet but on the quad it's makes it the lowest sitting quad in the rear that I've ridden. I have a decked out KTM that was a competitor in pro quadcross in 08/part of 09 with alot of money in suspension, and it doesn't sit as low or has as good of a feeling from atleast sitting on it, lol. Be careful with your exhaust. I bottomed mine down and it hit the caliper. Ended up having to drill a new hole on exhaust mount and mount it up higher on the subframe.